Another incident in London

• Thread starter Deleted member 1740
  • Start date

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately I've never been in that position and I hope I never will be. [Edit : I see you've edited your post]

However, if I were, I'm sure I'd have extremely dark thoughts about anyone responsible. I am equally certain I would not transpose those dark thoughts on to all other people of the same race / religion, as I am sure you did not and would not either.

I wouldn't share your sense of understanding for someone attacking an unrelated group of innocent people, I could understand their anger and grief, but not attacking completely innocent people.

In any case, this is going down a worm hole of irrelevance.

The facts are simple; someone has attacked a group of innocent people with the intention of causing death, injury, distress and fear.

Let's not get embroiled in a debate about what it is or is not.

Last edited:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Are we going to only let the people who did this and their fellow citizens have temporary passports and deport them and their families back to where they came from if they commit any crimes?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Are we going to only let the people who did this and their fellow citizens have temporary passports and deport them and their families back to where they came from if they commit any crimes?

You really are a tosspot at times, aren't you!

D

Deleted member 16999

Thoughts and prayers to the one that's died, the injured and their families, RIP.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm sorry to hear that. Fortunately I've never been in that position and I hope I never will be. [Edit : I see you've edited your post]

However, if I were, I'm sure I'd have extremely dark thoughts about anyone responsible. I am equally certain I would not transpose those dark thoughts on to all other people of the same race / religion, as I am sure you did not and would not either.

I wouldn't share your sense of understanding for someone attacking an unrelated group of innocent people, I could understand their anger and grief, but not attacking completely innocent people.

In any case, this is going down a worm hole of irrelevance.

The facts are simple; someone has attacked a group of innocent people with the intention of causing death, injury, distress and fear.

Let's not get embroiled in a debate about what it is or is not.

Yeah I edited it as didn't wanna go off track.

I fully agree that whatever has happened to the people previously it doesn't give them free pass to attack innocent people.

D

Deleted member 15344

The difference between how it's reported and how people react just says it all

Daily Mail on Twitter - headline , white clean shaven man ploughs into pedestrians- no mention of terrorism yet when it happen last week the headlines were straight for terrorism

The EDL Guy - Robinson ? Only an hour ago announcing that the Finsbury Park Mosque created Jihadist Terrorists.

The reaction between the two incidents from some areas is clearly different

It's an attack on British People against British Values yet some will seen it differently

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Feel very sorry for those injured or killed, however I am surprised it's taken this long for a lunatic to copy cat the extremists.

I despair at how certain groups are depicted in the media or those with a political or auterior motive, but sadly I doubt things will ever improve.

D

Deleted member 15344

There appears to be a different reaction to this incident - I haven't seen any demands of deportation or death penalty etc aimed towards the terrorist in this case ? The Daily Mail media appear to also be treating him differently as well

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
There appears to be a different reaction to this incident - I haven't seen any demands of deportation or death penalty etc aimed towards the terrorist in this case ? The Daily Mail media appear to also be treating him differently as well

Happens on from both sides though.

Saw the same arguement on Facebook over a Diane Abott collections of tweets. Apparently during the first London and Manchester attacks she simply commented on horrific incidents.

then after Finsbury it was TERRORISTS ###

newspapers and politicians will always discuss and describe events how best suits them. Not the public.

D

Deleted member 15344

Happens on from both sides though.

Saw the same arguement on Facebook over a Diane Abott collections of tweets. Apparently during the first London and Manchester attacks she simply commented on horrific incidents.

then after Finsbury it was TERRORISTS ###

newspapers and politicians will always discuss and describe events how best suits them. Not the public.

Not just the newspapers and politicians though is it - go through the Manchester and London Bridge threads and see what was suggested to the people who carried out those attacks - why aren't the same people making the same suggestions now to this person ? It's the same on social media - the same voices on the previous events appear quiet this time - well apart from Robinson who appeared more to want to discuss the Mosque - the hyprocritical nature of it all is quite clear for me.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not just the newspapers and politicians though is it - go through the Manchester and London Bridge threads and see what was suggested to the people who carried out those attacks - why aren't the same people making the same suggestions now to this person ? It's the same on social media - the same voices on the previous events appear quiet this time - well apart from Robinson who appeared more to want to discuss the Mosque - the hyprocritical nature of it all is quite clear for me.

The hypocritical nature of society has long been evident. People complaining about immigrants, yet happy to use the same immigrants because they're cheaper to use than home grown labour. The list is endless, and very sad

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Why are you searching for divisions, there will always be a few if you really want to look but the vast majority have the same opinion of it. People are really not as bad as some like to imagine.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The hypocritical nature of society has long been evident. People complaining about immigrants, yet happy to use the same immigrants because they're cheaper to use than home grown labour. The list is endless, and very sad
I think the concern is about the number of immigrants, not immigrants per se. Most people understand this but the cynical nature of some in society will always try to create unrealistic scenarios to suit particular agendas.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Its unfortunately that much of the press/media/journalists want to hype anything to generate a reaction, stating they are satisfying the 'publics' need to know while simply promoting their own careers.

Tragically innocent people can and do die when the hype is such that it stokes irrational emotions. In many areas and sections of society integration has not happened and extremists on any side will use differences as excuses.

So-called political correctness often avoids the truth furthering frustration.

Not a simple answer in sight I fear.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think people are rightly going to be more concerned about a faction of crazy people who have submerged themselves into our society and are pretty much wanting to destroy our way of life. Than they will be because on crazy person has gone on a revenge mission.

All acts are disgraceful.

But hacking at multiple people or killing lots of children is obviously and quite rightly going to get a bigger reaction than one person who before the recent attacks would mostly likely have kept racist ideas to online and public venting.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
a faction of crazy people who have submerged themselves into our society and are wanting to destroy our way of life. .

Correct. Who says so? They do, very specifically. (AND NO, THAT IS NOT ALL MUSLIMS ok??)

The line of folk lining up denying this is enormous and until that changes, we are in lots of trouble.

The guy who ran a van into the crowd of folks leaving prayers is a bad as the folk around Europe he copied. (the clue being "copied!")

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

I think people are rightly going to be more concerned about a faction of crazy people who have submerged themselves into our society and are pretty much wanting to destroy our way of life. Than they will be because on crazy person has gone on a revenge mission.

All acts are disgraceful.

But hacking at multiple people or killing lots of children is obviously and quite rightly going to get a bigger reaction than one person who before the recent attacks would mostly likely have kept racist ideas to online and public venting.

Again it's all attempting to downplay the incident

Right from the start people started suggesting it wasn't terrorism

Then there was the "devils advocate" - what if he lost his family in the Manchester bombing etc

he ploughed his van into people and it targeted those people because of their race and religion , it was only by sheer luck only one person died

I would say that if the driver was a Muslim and he had driven into a crowd of Church goers on a Sunday then the reaction on here and on social media would be exactly the same as the reaction to Manchester and London Bridge - the same calls for deportation and death penalty or dropping onto an isolated island etc would be posted - but because in this case it's a white Christian terrorist targeting Muslims then the reaction is almost one of denial and ignorance - it will be called an incident and a case of attempted murder and attempts to move it away from the terrorist incident that it was.