2024 PGA Championship

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only know what's been broadcast - but I'm getting the sense of there originally being a misunderstanding about revised traffic flow (arising from the earlier, sad, accident) but then person A acted like a dick and person B overreacted.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
According to the BBC sports pages , the charges have been published on the law enforcement website and are:
2nd degree assault of a police officer.
3rd degree criminal mischief
Reckless driving
Disregarding traffic signals from an officer directing traffic.

Not sure what the 2nd charge is but the top one doesn’t sound good

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
According to the BBC sports pages , the charges have been published on the law enforcement website and are:
2nd degree assault of a police officer.
3rd degree criminal mischief
Reckless driving
Disregarding traffic signals from an officer directing traffic.

Not sure what the 2nd charge is but the top one doesn’t sound good

2nd charge sounds a lot like he didnt have his shirt tucked in........

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It is difficult to know for sure, but you just can't see this sort of thing happening in the UK. The police would stop the driver, the driver would apologise, the police might then issue some sort of ticket, and both parties would get on with their day. Taking him away in handcuffs for a misunderstanding at a traffic situation seems OTT.

Only in America. Haha

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
Either way, this has Netflix/HBO/Sky Atlantic documentary written all over it. If he wins after this it would be one of the greatest sports stories of all time.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
I wonder how this affect his golf today. My guess is driving distance might be way up, but accuracy might be affected.

There is a video of his lawyer out there which describes it quite well.

Swango1980

Visit site
I can't see how that is possible?! That would be utter suicide to do that to the wrong person - you would very easily end up dead or lose your hand!
Not all Amercian police officers are super intelligent :)

If he saw it was Scottie Scheffler, maybe he fancied making a name for himself. A story to tell the grandkids. The day I arrested the best golfer in the world. Might even get an interview with Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brien, make a few bob.

BearcatGolf

Visit site
If he saw it was Scottie Scheffler, maybe he fancied making a name for himself. A story to tell the grandkids. The day I arrested the best golfer in the world. Might even get an interview with Jimmy Kimmel or Conan O'Brien, make a few bob.
The overzealous deputy will probably get reprimanded. The tournament brings in a lot of tourism dollars to Louisville.