2024 PGA Championship

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
He's done it again, hasn't he? Fooled us all into thinking this time will be different.....
Hate to admit that I've been hoodwinked, yes. Just put my bets on: Scottie, Rory and Brooks all in there. Also done Aberg, Day, Poston and a few pennies on Mickelson as I fancy him for a jammy top ten finish for some reason.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Rory filing for divorce - not sure that’s going to help or hinder his focus but it didn’t seem to bother him last week.

Wasn’t he talking about moving to London not that long ago?

D

Deleted member 29109

Rory filing for divorce - not sure that’s going to help or hinder his focus but it didn’t seem to bother him last week.

Wasn’t he talking about moving to London not that long ago?
As you say. It didn’t seem to bother him last week, the only difference now is he will probably be asked about it.

The timing seems a bit weird.

slicer79

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Possibly it could explain the great golf he's been playing recently. As we all know when personal stuff is going on it's hard to concentrate fully on anything. Maybe they've come to the decision recently and it's a relief and as a result he's playing a bit freer with less on his mind.
The timing could be deliberate, with a major championship on this week it will take a lot of the headlines so Rory's personal news might not get the same level of attention.

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I remember McIlroy dumping his tennis girlfriend and going on to win the BMW Championship. Perhaps the divorce is tactical.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Will definitely need to pick up as much cash as possible to help pay for the divorce. Joking aside, sad to see as he gave the impression of being happy with life and has a small one to be considered and I hope this won't be too much of an intrusion for him as he prepares and plays having to deal with the inevitable media frenzy

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
Will definitely need to pick up as much cash as possible to help pay for the divorce. Joking aside, sad to see as he gave the impression of being happy with life and has a small one to be considered and I hope this won't be too much of an intrusion for him as he prepares and plays having to deal with the inevitable media frenzy
Getting the settlement sorted now before he takes the LIV cash 😜

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Rory - win only
Burns - E/W
Homa - E/W
Rahm - E/W

On that basis I would avoid all of the above if you're having a flutter!

Barking_Mad

Visit site
As you say. It didn’t seem to bother him last week, the only difference now is he will probably be asked about it.

The timing seems a bit weird.

Yeah, timing is odd. I wonder if the media found out and he felt he had to say something rather than it being splashed over the news?

Always sad, especially with a young daughter. 😔

Springveldt

Visit site
I’ve went with guys that either are big hitters or great with irons as my e/w bets. Bryson, DJ, Fleetwood and Cam Young.

Bet Rory for the win as usual but expecting to be disappointed again.

C7usk

Visit site
£5 on the nose for Rory
£5 ew on Aberg, Homa, but Niemann
£2.50 ew on Bhatia.
Hey, I'd love Rory to win but Bhatia would bring home some decent cash... Lol.. Hence neither will prob happen.
Either way, gives me added interest.