2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
some of the golf is shocking.

the europeans are spraying it about like a blind man at a urinal

I'd have to agree. Looks like they've never played the course before. Foursomes is tough if you're not finding any rhythm but banging putts past the hole etc...can only be nerves getting the better of them.

Good to see the rookies in the opening match getting their mojo back.

Red devil

Visit site
I'd have to agree. Looks like they've never played the course before. Foursomes is tough if you're not finding any rhythm but banging putts past the hole etc...can only be nerves getting the better of them.

Good to see the rookies in the opening match getting their mojo back.
Just need Anna and Leona to kick on again

Swango1980

Visit site
Horrific start by Europe. The last 2 groups had important putts on the last, and missed them by an absolute mile. Said it all about how bad the putting was, I've seen much better putting in monthly medals.

Hopefully they'll come out fighting this afternoon, they'll need to.

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that’s not good , golf not great at all , the US were just not as poor as Europe

It all seems very flat , not sure if it’s the course make up but doesn’t seem much of an atmosphere and that maybe being transferred to the players

Hard to watch at the moment

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Am I alone in finding it really irritating when the commentary refers to “Team” USA? It’s Europe v USA - there’s absolutely no need to become all American and start referring to the USA as Team USA.

It’s petty, I know, but it really grinds my gears.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Am I alone in finding it really irritating when the commentary refers to “Team” USA? It’s Europe v USA - there’s absolutely no need to become all American and start referring to the USA as Team USA.

It is rather redundant. You don't hear football commentators saying it's Team England vs Team Scotland. We know they are teams. :LOL:

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It is rather redundant. You don't hear football commentators saying it's Team England vs Team Scotland. We know they are teams. :LOL:

Exactly my point. I hate it when these American traits take over.

It’s only a matter of time before a chap in a bowler hat yells “Mashed potato!!!” on the first tee.

Swango1980

Visit site

It has always been that way as far as I remember, certainly in golf events like the Ryder Cup. There are other habits as well, like saying "the game of golf" when just "golf" would do

D

Deleted member 27823

Didn’t see much this morning but how quickly we’ve gone from being favourites to worrying about a massacre! Need to win the fourballs!

Status
Not open for further replies.