2023 Professional Golf thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1147

I think most people subconsciously bend a little when they drop now, I know I do, I mean there’s no way I’m reaching my knees with the state of my back 🤣
I used to play with the Derbyshire u18's organiser. He said that they actually did a coaching session on dropping the ball when the rules changed.
The physical drop itself, when you can drop, where you can drop etc.
You know the rules are bit daft when people think practice on dropping is required.

D

Deleted member 1147

I really hope so. Its rubbish seeing Rory fall away, I just want to see him win!

If he gets another Major I think we can all see him winning multiple more, just seems to lack some confidence at the moment.

We need him firing for Europe come September too!
Shows how good the guy is though. He's playing poorly, has no confidence and came T7 in his last 2 starts.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I used to play with the Derbyshire u18's organiser. He said that they actually did a coaching session on dropping the ball when the rules changed.
The physical drop itself, when you can drop, where you can drop etc.
You know the rules are bit daft when people think practice on dropping is required.
can't wait to see everyone practicing this at Help 4 Heroes

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think most people subconsciously bend a little when they drop now, I know I do, I mean there’s no way I’m reaching my knees with the state of my back 🤣
Most people dont have arms down to their knees, and bending the knees is the more instictive way way to get hand to knees than a stright leg and a torso tilt. Most , me included, do it prettymuch as she did.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
the rule states it is from knee height in a standing position

You do not need to be in a standing position.

Edit: Had to read your post a few times to get what you mean. Knee height in a standing position, but you don’t need to be in a standing position to drop from knee height.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
yeah, I got what you meant after reading a couple more times. Edited my post accordingly.

I imagine there is always going to be some leeway with flex of the knee.
i can't believe a simple misread hasn't caused 400 pages of arguing and the thread being locked down

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
yeah, I got what you meant after reading a couple more times. Edited my post accordingly.

I imagine there is always going to be some leeway with flex of the knee.
There has to be, you've already got different heights and lengths of people's legs anyway. It's not like 'knee-height' is a standard measurement.

D

Deleted member 1147

Not if you bend at the waist!😁😁

Bit I'll have to get my 6 foot 7, 25 stone buddy to test that out! He could end up in traction.
I know it'd do so for a 6 foot 1, 13.5 stone golfer 😒

Status
Not open for further replies.