YouTubers.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I really used to dislike the channel but then something changed when I watched one of their videos around a year or so ago. What they do is brilliant, genuinely love golf and have fantastic guests on. Tubes is so positive. The Ollie Fisher video the other, I think, is the best one they've done.
It’s much better now it’s less about Tubes and Ange(sp?) messing around.

Jimmy is a lot less irritating when they have a guest, and obviously has a love for the game which is quite infectious, but he doesn’t take it too seriously.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Strangely enough so have I. As I've played Camberley many times I knew each hole and so knew what they faced with each shot. Bullard was really on it. I loved Tubes' face as well. He's not the best golfer but for enthusiasm alone he'd be single figures. I think he could get a lot better with some coaching but he's typical of all us mid-handicappers and out there having fun which is what golf is about. I wonder if Bullard really knuckled down if he could do anything at pro level?
Tubes was talking about changing his grip recently, I'm not sure he has lessons as such but he's constantly taking advice from Bullard and the other players they have on, so has improved a bit as a result.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Was listening to ricks podcast today

Addressed his poor play. Few excuses but just a bad round in the end.

Turns out somebody has tracked his handicap over the break 75 series so any course in England using golf England he is a plus 0.5 handicap .

Think I agree tho his golfing iq is a 20 handicap

Then again I watched radar play on golf life. Topping 3 woods and driving 200 yards .. I get he is 60 now but he was a proper pro and still is class .. people just have bad rounds

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Turns out somebody has tracked his handicap over the break 75 series so any course in England using golf England he is a plus 0.5 handicap .

Then again I watched radar play on golf life. Topping 3 woods and driving 200 yards .. I get he is 60 now but he was a proper pro and still is class .. people just have bad rounds
I don't mind Radar playing crap, I could listen to his stories all day.

D

Deleted member 35577

Finch, Grant Horvat, Bryan Bros and Iona all produce great content. Shiels is car crash TV and that clown Guy Charnock is a waste of space.

Shiels recent video against Garcia he shot 17 over. Sorry but a +0.5 doesn't do that.

D

Deleted member 35577

That clown is the reason Rick is where he is in the YT golf world.
He is on his production team. Better off staying behind the camera. Unless you tune in to watch car crash TV of course.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I met Rick in fairhaven car park when he was just starting out on YouTube. Told him I'd seen his videos. Wished him well and enjoy his round.

The thing that stuck out to me is that he's a fairly big chap. That didn't really come across to me in those early videos.

He clearly can shift the ball better that most club golfers. He has a big left ball in his game. He's talked this year about trying to neutralise his path.

His short game, whilst it has got a bit better in recently times, is and was absolutely diabolical for someone who used to teach short game as his bread and butter.

His putting has come on a bit too.

His length allows him to knock it round most courses under 80. If the rest of his game is good he can shoot between 70-75.

As mentioned before on this thread. It seems his course management is severely lacking or he takes on shots he shouldn't just because the feels he needs to for entertainment value.

He is living the dream. Fair play to him. 👍

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I know he generally plays very difficult and likely high-rated courses, but I still find that hard to believe given that he normally seems to be at least 10 over par if not more.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I met Rick in fairhaven car park when he was just starting out on YouTube. Told him I'd seen his videos. Wished him well and enjoy his round.

The thing that stuck out to me is that he's a fairly big chap. That didn't really come across to me in those early videos.

He clearly can shift the ball better that most club golfers. He has a big left ball in his game. He's talked this year about trying to neutralise his path.

His short game, whilst it has got a bit better in recently times, is and was absolutely diabolical for someone who used to teach short game as his bread and butter.

His putting has come on a bit too.

His length allows him to knock it round most courses under 80. If the rest of his game is good he can shoot between 70-75.

As mentioned before on this thread. It seems his course management is severely lacking or he takes on shots he shouldn't just because the feels he needs to for entertainment value.

He is living the dream. Fair play to him. 👍
When I played with him at Camberley in H4H he came across as tall but I wouldn't have said large. Maybe as he has gotten older he is simply spreading as we all are. I look at Peter Finch on video now and he definitely looks a lot chunkier but I don't know if he's been working out more and more "ripped" or again is simply getting older and bigger

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When I played with him at Camberley in H4H he came across as tall but I wouldn't have said large. Maybe as he has gotten older he is simply spreading as we all are. I look at Peter Finch on video now and he definitely looks a lot chunkier but I don't know if he's been working out more and more "ripped" or again is simply getting older and bigger
They were both definitely a lot skinnier when you look back on their early videos. But hey, isn't that true of most of us?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
They were both definitely a lot skinnier when you look back on their early videos. But hey, isn't that true of most of us?
I know I've posted this before (apologies) but Finch definitely looks much slimmer than his latest video as does Shiels -

I am guessing with a good income, good home life and getting older have all contributed to his girth seeming larger. I do feel Peter Finch has been working out though as he seems more honed and I am sure on a previous video, maybe a Quest For The Open he talked about getting fitter

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry I was referring to his height.

He talks in his videos about putting on a bit of weight these last few years. Happens to us all.