YouTubers.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Was watching the Bryson and Paige video … the buggy ride segment was pure gold , I lost the thread of what she was saying but I thought this would be a great lesson in damping harmonics… engineering is fun don’t let the grey cardboard people ruin it!

My mate text me after she did the video with Bob Does Sports - "I never thought my favourite part of a golf video would be the buggy ride between holes" 🤣

Swango1980

Visit site
Just watched Rick Shiels v Garcia, where he starts on -10 and the pro on level par.

O my, Shiels had a shocker. He even made some decent putts once he got into the round, Garcia couldn't buy a put and was over par, and still ahead of Shiels was losing after about the 11th on about +3.

Disclaimer, I stopped watching after about the 12th, so if Shiels started playing like Scottie Scheffler in the last 3rd of the round, I apologise for the negative critique of his round.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just watched Rick Shiels v Garcia, where he starts on -10 and the pro on level par.

O my, Shiels had a shocker. He even made some decent putts once he got into the round, Garcia couldn't buy a put and was over par, and still ahead of Shiels was losing after about the 11th on about +3.

Disclaimer, I stopped watching after about the 12th, so if Shiels started playing like Scottie Scheffler in the last 3rd of the round, I apologise for the negative critique of his round.

Did you at least see the mountain lion run on to the green and nick Garcia's ball, can't remember what hole but def back 9 (y)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watching this now - 15 holes in. This round looks a lot like most of my rounds since the turn of this year. Things going wrong that you can't explain - even your usual strengths let you down - get angry, get sad, feeling a bit lost and helpless. All too familiar.
Watched it last night. I know Pyrford really well so knew where the misses are and what you couldn't do so I felt for him. The greens didn't look great, quick and they looked bobbly which didn't help. Would love to take him on at my place off the whites. Reckon that's an easy win even with my dodgy game an ability to bottle it

Swango1980

Visit site
Did you at least see the mountain lion run on to the green and nick Garcia's ball, can't remember what hole but def back 9 (y)
I didn't see that, and not sure if you are lying to make it sound more interesting than it was? I'm guessing not, because if you are lying you probably would have said "did you see the mountain lion run on the green and eat Garcia" to make it sound a bit more eventful :)

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Was watching the Bryson and Paige video … the buggy ride segment was pure gold , I lost the thread of what she was saying but I thought this would be a great lesson in damping harmonics… engineering is fun don’t let the grey cardboard people ruin it!
Paige literally just takes the P out of herself & gives all the haters the finger.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I didn't see that, and not sure if you are lying to make it sound more interesting than it was? I'm guessing not, because if you are lying you probably would have said "did you see the mountain lion run on the green and eat Garcia" to make it sound a bit more eventful :)

yeah sorry you're right I was lion... It was a Gnu :p

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Watched it last night. I know Pyrford really well so knew where the misses are and what you couldn't do so I felt for him. The greens didn't look great, quick and they looked bobbly which didn't help. Would love to take him on at my place off the whites. Reckon that's an easy win even with my dodgy game an ability to bottle it
I haven't played Pyford yet but would like to this year. Looks a good challenge with all that water.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Its fiddly and that water definitely in play on most holes. It can get very dry and fiery in the summer and that can put you in trouble as well. Greens aren't the best given they have so much traffic on them
I played a course like that in Norwich during the heat wave in 2022 (Wensum Valley) - back nine was full of water but the ground was bone dry and rock hard so you had to try and lay up about 50 yards or more before the hazards. 😆 Was difficult to get it right.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very good. I've been using the Pete Cowan move with the right arm that Danny has been showing in the last few months and has made a big difference
I find any of the videos with Pete Cowan on completely unwatchable. (he's worked with a few, presumably because of the callaway sponsorship).
He's grumpy and more than a little passively aggressive. Just stands there saying "no" a lot. Does nothing to lift the mood or engage with the host. Most of them are good at golf, but don't ever call him out on his nonsense. They seem in fear of saying "I don't get it and you're really not helping".
I assume he's slightly more engaging when he's not merely fulfilling obligations.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The latest Bob Does Sports with Max Homa is well worth a watch. If you haven’t watched the first one he did with them, that’s also very decent. I’ve been a fan of Max’s for a long time, seems very down to earth and doesn’t take himself too seriously.

Latest one:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I find any of the videos with Pete Cowan on completely unwatchable. (he's worked with a few, presumably because of the callaway sponsorship).
He's grumpy and more than a little passively aggressive. Just stands there saying "no" a lot. Does nothing to lift the mood or engage with the host. Most of them are good at golf, but don't ever call him out on his nonsense. They seem in fear of saying "I don't get it and you're really not helping".
I assume he's slightly more engaging when he's not merely fulfilling obligations.
Couldn’t agree more.
Comes across very arrogant & a few YouTubers are so far up his arse it’s embarrassing,they can’t say his name enough.

Visit site
It isn't one of my favourite courses either and not somewhere I could ever be a member of as the course would do my head in. Too fiddly, too much traffic with societies and not well kept

Lasting memory of Pyrford is my mate losing a ball that he hit down the middle of the fairway.

About the 7th hole? Par 4 after a par 3 - he hit a 3 wood down the middle and we spent about 20 mins walking up and down - no idea where it went 😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Lasting memory of Pyrford is my mate losing a ball that he hit down the middle of the fairway.

About the 7th hole? Par 4 after a par 3 - he hit a 3 wood down the middle and we spent about 20 mins walking up and down - no idea where it went 😂
Did that down 18 when it was sodden. Hit a tee shot straight down the middle (honestly) and never found it

4LEX

Visit site
Rick v Guy....the match no one wanted. Have to say it's quite funny seeing Guy melt under some pressure at the start.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
More than a touch of shark well and truly jumped recently with the permutations of youtubers playing each other, and now even the very definition of a sidekick.