Youtube Golf

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Episode Three will be up later tonight - I like Randy and Neil but DJ's filming and editing skills are what make these videos. It's not easy to shoot and edit films as well as he does.
This might sound a bit weird, but I was really struck by the vegetation in florida. Looks like the sort of place that would be back to jungle and swamp in 6 months if you stopped cutting the grass!
As with all these, it's the insights into off-piste USA that I like the best. Just finished episode 3 on the big telly with a fat latte. Nice...

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
This might sound a bit weird, but I was really struck by the vegetation in florida. Looks like the sort of place that would be back to jungle and swamp in 6 months if you stopped cutting the grass!
As with all these, it's the insights into off-piste USA that I like the best. Just finished episode 3 on the big telly with a fat latte. Nice...
I'm pretty much not interested at all in the areas of the USA that UK tourists would congregate in but love exploring off the grid places in the States - there's a few of them on the West side of Florida once you get North of Tampa.

redbrownie

Visit site
First post here so be gentle o_O

YouTube golf has been a life saver for me during the last year because of the various lockdowns. I used to watch the odd video here and there but now it’s very regular and I subscribe to quite a few.

Initially it was just Rick Shiels and Peter Finch (mainly for the course vlogs) but it’s expanded a bit since then.

By far my favourite content on there is the NLU stuff. They just come across as a group of mates having fun playing golf and then sinking a few beers afterwards; what’s not to like? That’s pretty much why I play the game, for the craic on the course and then in the clubhouse afterwards.

Their pods genuinely make me laugh too.

As for the likes of Shiels and Finch, i’m a bit selective about what I watch but that’s fine, they’re catering for a big group so their whole model means they need to be quite diverse.

In general, I have nothing but respect for anyone who makes a living from producing golf content; what a way to make your money. Good on them I say, not sure why anyone would begrudge it.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
No Laying Up put up their documentary 'A Week in the Life: Madelene Sagström' where they got to follow the Swedish LPGA player as she played a tournament - very good content - DJ Piehowski is a talented film maker.

In other news - I'm not normally someone who messes around with stuff based on YouTube but I wasn't sure I had my left hand grip correct - something Me and my golf had posted showed me a way to check it and it appears to be making a difference.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No Laying Up put up their documentary 'A Week in the Life: Madelene Sagström' where they got to follow the Swedish LPGA player as she played a tournament - very good content - DJ Piehowski is a talented film maker.

In other news - I'm not normally someone who messes around with stuff based on YouTube but I wasn't sure I had my left hand grip correct - something Me and my golf had posted showed me a way to check it and it appears to be making a difference.

Yes, very good doc that, she seems like a great person, chirpy, and I love the odd British word dropping into vocab! Caddy seems great too, very dry!

Very well shot and produced, my only criticism is that they often have the music slightly too loud, to the point it’s almost louder than the person talking.

evemccc

Visit site
Now spring is in full bloom and pub gardens and golf is back, I’ve cut back all screen time and golf YouTube by about 99% — I’d almost had my fill regardless - but with NLU I think DJ definitely brings so much to the table

Feels like Soly and him pretty much run the thing - but on the YouTube side he’s the man

TigerTime

Visit site

What a brilliant documentary this was. Thanks for posting this.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Liked the No laying up/Sagestrom one - they do produce them well.

Just in case it's helpful to anyone these have all caught my eye this week:

(2) Breaking Sawgrass: THE TRAILER - YouTube It's a trailer but video coming up of three different handicaps playing Sawgrass. Tom Coyne has come across well on no laying up before and I think he wrote a book walking round coast of Ireland playing courses.

(2) The Slingsby Golf Academy Episode 1: The Journey Begins - YouTube Four female celebrities trying to learn the game and win a spot at BMW Pro Am. May not be for all given the "trying to get down to scratch" you tube crowd get a hard time when posting.

(2) Changing the Business of Golf | Episode 1 | Buying a Golf Course - YouTube First episode felt like there was a bit of filler e.g. keep mentioning it won't be a traditional club without details, but some may know the course and I guess it's an interesting one to see if you can revive a golf course once reputation and membership have gone. There's a few courses which have had to be saved recently.

Think No laying up have also done a "deep dive" on 1991 Ryder Cup as a podcast but haven't listened to it yet.

evolve528

Visit site
Being new to the forum I've found this thread very useful so thank you all!

I watch absolutely tons of YT golf (as many said on here it was lockdown and come back to game which triggered it) but hadn't even heard of some post on here so I think my viewing pleasure just increased :cool:

Also, YT premium is the best £11 per month I've ever spent, my Sky bill is about £70 per month and apart from live football and golf I hardly use the thing! Whereas my £11 YT with no ads I get at least 40 odd hours a week use out of

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Being new to the forum I've found this thread very useful so thank you all!

I watch absolutely tons of YT golf (as many said on here it was lockdown and come back to game which triggered it) but hadn't even heard of some post on here so I think my viewing pleasure just increased :cool:

Also, YT premium is the best £11 per month I've ever spent, my Sky bill is about £70 per month and apart from live football and golf I hardly use the thing! Whereas my £11 YT with no ads I get at least 40 odd hours a week use out of

Loads of great golf content out there!

Welcome to the forum!

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Stacked golf. Can’t believe I spend an hour or so a week watching people searching garage sales and pawn shops for second hand clubs, it’s addictive!

Some of the prices they’re buying for are ludicrous, do these people have no idea they’re losing so much money!