Youtube Golf

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No laying up series - both their tourist sauce, wild world of golf and strapped are all matches, tours rather than coaching.

Old but Mark Crossfield channel has him and three others trying to break Shane Lowry's course record in scramble form (think emirates).

Alex Evans as mentioned.

Erik Anders Lang/Random Golf Club films has him trying to break 90 on some of the major courses - gets a bit beaten up but decent along with some of his travels.

Fore Play Golf have a couple of good videos taking on Kevin Kisner and more recently Paige Spiranic but they're quality of golf varies.

I think those are all fairly mainstream and old so I expect you've seen them but worth digging into a couple of those older ones if you haven't.

D

Deleted member 25172

Another one who enjoys the James Wiltshire channel although I don't watch a lot of his technical content as its a bit too in depth for me. I do enjoy his course vlogs and the production has got far better over time thanks to Flowers.

I do watch all the Rick Shiels vids out of habit mainly but I'm getting a bit bored of his content, still enjoy the club reviews though. I also listen to his podcast but find that Guy really grates on me for some reason. Having said that, I accidentally slowed the podcast down to 0.5x speed the other day and it for some reason Guy, with that accent and that voice sounds absolute hilarious.

I enjoy Peter Finch's videos but mainly his QFTO series where you get to see more of the real person and see some of the mental side a bit more. I've found that his on course vlogs have got more and more cringeworthy recently. As others have said, he's become a bit of a parody. Even Rick Shiels has started calling him out on it for going all Jeremy Clarkson-esque.

Also enjoy the Average Golfer content as, well, an average golfer I find his reviews a bit more relatable.

Golf mates can be cringe but there is some gold in there occasionally.

James Robinson is becoming pretty annoying as well, just seems pretty up himself.

I think a lot of them that I like ultimately seem like nice lads and who I could enjoy a round and, crucially, a pint with after.

Find him and his clickbait videos quite dull, but you have to give it to the guy. Every single day he's posting something, and he's now even started a second channel about his life outside golf which seem to be racking up views, so he's doubling up on his earnings. He's not dumb!

Visit site
Golf Mates is really good. Only discovered it this week but brilliant mix of on course vlogs, with lots of humour and banter. Liam Harrison who runs it has gone to UAE to film content during this lockdown.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
I follow a few, some are better than others, some are already on your list as well.

Bad Golf - love these two but they don't post very often.
Golf Mates - decent if you want to see little matches played as you mentioned in the OP.
Golf Sidekick - he is brilliant, mainly posts vlogs of his rounds while talking you through his thought process for course management.
James Robinson Golf - mainly flicks between course vlogs and indoor testing of new clubs that have come out - he can be quite funny, maybe the voice grates after a while. He posts every day though so plenty of content.
Tubes & Ange Golf Life - you already listed them but I love his rounds with some of the current and ex footballers. Some are hilarious.
Rick Shiels you already know about obviously.
I follow the Average Golfer but I actually find him quite boring and don't watch him often. Might unsubscribe.

Sounds like we have similar tastes!

Bad golf and Tubes and Ange are both such great channels. As you mention, I love the football insight too, Im a massive football fan and its been great watching some of the Tubes videos.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
TXG - Matt seems to have a phenomenal swing
SAS Golf - really like the content he's putting out
Dan Hendriksen golf - glad he's broken away from Crossfield. Like Lester, not so keen on Lee. Will Farley is good, but preferred him on Flower's channel, when he was less serious
Michael Newton Golf is decent for club reviews.
I'm subscribed to all the usual suspects - Tubes, Wiltshire, No Laying Up, padraig, Bad Golf, Shiels

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
YouTube for golf is saturated. Started as a platform to get information out to now hitting the like button and subscribing.
I don't know how many times I can watch a review -which honestly is probably the most relevant, how to grip/fix my slice/hook/over the top/under the top/increase distance/never 3 putt again blah blah blah or a vlog (which is either like watching paint dry or trying too hard to be funny or filled with in jokes I don't get.)

I can see most of it as filling a void whilst bored.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Find him and his clickbait videos quite dull, but you have to give it to the guy. Every single day he's posting something, and he's now even started a second channel about his life outside golf which seem to be racking up views, so he's doubling up on his earnings. He's not dumb!

His smartest move was to include his girlfriend on the second channel. A brilliant marketing ploy;)

HeftyHacker

Visit site
His smartest move was to include his girlfriend on the second channel. A brilliant marketing ploy;)

And she looks positively thrilled to be on it ? on the working from home video she just looks like she wants to shove the camera down his throat!

But yeah, he's playing the game and its working for him.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Used to be a big fan of tubes but it’s all a bit ‘soccer am’ and is wearing a bit thin now. Seems like a lovely chap but I now only watch if the guest is someone I particularly like (glen hoddle was the last)

Similar story with golfmates, binged on his stuff for a few weeks, but the same jokes grate after a while.

Love Alex evans, what he talks about is well above my skill level, but he’s a likeable character without being over the top. Great chemistry with Paul waring. Shame he only does 1 a week.

James Wiltshire is great sometimes, boring the rest. Really enjoyed the South African swing series, it’s the best thing I’ve seen in ages, great insight.

Mark crossfield - so many hate him and I can understand why, but for me his are still the best in terms of game improvement, insights, course management and course vlogs.

SAS- he talks too loudly but his vlogs have been really interesting since he switched to buying and selling second hand clubs.

Finch and shiels - they get the best guests in my opinion but the content is too click baity and just or miss. I still watch them though. Interesting that shiels has taken the mick out of finch’s new voice!

NLU - very good, I’m late to this party, still going through the old stuff and enjoy their podcasts.

Anyone see the tweets Shiels sent out about ‘top bloke’ who is basically a golf youtuber troll? I’ve watched a few of his that have popped up. Vile man.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Anyone see the tweets Shiels sent out about ‘top bloke’ who is basically a golf youtuber troll? I’ve watched a few of his that have popped up. Vile man.

Saw some of this. Personally I think it was the wrong thing and just gives the idiot more publicity. Think the bloke is a total tool and maybe should actually try and produce his own individual content and see how hard it is rather than simply slag off anything others have done.

From my perspective, I still like Crossfield (although more for the reviews than the on course), Hendrikson, and just got into NLU

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Golf Mates and Dan Hendriksen at the moment. Two very different channels. I do like playing vlogs especially at this Covid time. Nice to see new courses, as well as courses I have played.

Must admit only handicap golfers I am interested in watching are ones that make me laugh. Ones that play off double digits and take themselves so seriously do nothing for me.

The two Hendriksen brothers playing with Lester and Wilbur are definitely worth watching. Paul Hendriksen played in the English Open last year and is a very decent player. Wilbur has just got his EuroPro tour card. Hopefully he will do well as seems a nice guy.

NeilG

Visit site
Dan Hendriksen is my go to channel.
Seems to focus on quality ahead of clickbait titles.

Genevieve Ling is one that is fairly new and has got potential.
Very genuine person and has a decent game.

James Robinson's new non-golf channel watchable. Got to admit I'm watching it more for his gf Laura, than to listen to him.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
One of my personal favourites is James Whiltshire. Doesn't tend to get mentioned much on here, if at all. I personally love his content but depends what you want to watch. He's up to over 50k subs now.

For those who haven't seen his channel before he's basically a young lad, mid to late 20s I think, who's trying to make it as a Pro. Now I know that sounds cringe and has been done to death but his videos are genuinely very funny. Some of them can be a tad serious but if you're a young person yourself hoping to go as far as you can in the game then it shows what sort of things you should be doing. He does lot of course vlogs that are always fun to watch - lots of Micky taking etc but also some very very good golf to learn from.

His content is getting better and better too. Last year he started to include a chap called Steve Surry who is a proper Tour Pro, plays on ET events in South Africa. Steve is a great bloke and shares so much good advice with James. Beginning of this year James actually went to South Africa with him to caddy for him on the South African swing and he documented all of it including playing practice rounds with other ET Pros etc. Highly highly recommended if you haven't seen him before.
Just to show it isn't just you, although on reflection both our spellings were poor! ??
https://forums.golf-monthly.co.uk/threads/crossfield-v-whoever.104448/post-2264659