Youtube Golf

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Dan Hendriksen's have been pretty good lately, he has a good group of guys regularly playing with him.
Dan Hendriksen's have been pretty good lately, he has a good group of guys regularly playing with him.

(But he does have an annoying habit where he repeats himself,
usually when about to play a shot so I assume it's a nervous tic of some sort)

Also have been watching a fair bit of this channel, he reminds me of my grandad when in his 90s though when he repeats things!

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Love Alex evans, what he talks about is well above my skill level, but he’s a likeable character without being over the top. Great chemistry with Paul waring. Shame he only does 1 a week
I think that is why he is so good. No one has contents for posting every day. You can split up a course blog over a few days, but ‘new content every day’ leads to a lot of awful stuff like ‘I let my girlfriend select my club’ . And while there is good stuff every now and than I don’t watch all the rubbish to find it.

I used to watch a lot of golf you tube every day, but I have overdone it in lockdown and am tyred of it now. Alex Evans weekly, Dan Hendrickson on Sunday, and then selected bits of Dan and Finch, sometimes Crossfield.

At the moment I rather watch someone building a desk from scratch, much more relaxing than golf ;-)

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Most have been mentioned however for me....

No Laying Up (plus their podcast when walking the dog), love their videos with the golf match ups, good production value and the Tourist Sauce is a favourite.
TXG, fairly new to me but seem to know what they're talking about.
Danny Maude for instruction

Used to watch Crossfield but don't any more, he's for far up his own posterior despite having been left in the distance by most other golfing YouTubers.

Rick Shiels, I don't mind although has gone very 'click baity', that said it's a business for him and he seems to be doing well on the subs side of things.

Golfmates, seems to be the same 2/3 'storylines' rehashed?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I see a lot of love for TXG, makes me realise I'm just not interested in tech as I find it one of the dullest channels there is.

And like most of the testing and coaching channels out there, they usually take 10 or 15 minutes to pass on 1 minute of actual information.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I quite like Crossfield saying he played the game wrong previously and trying to change his swing and game to gain extra power. Could be that's just a good way to gain followers, same as magazines and manufacturers running with gain 30 yards, but it's a slightly different insight as it wasn't his game before. I only dip in and out of you tube though so for me no history or culmination of annoyances.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I quite like Crossfield saying he played the game wrong previously and trying to change his swing and game to gain extra power. Could be that's just a good way to gain followers, same as magazines and manufacturers running with gain 30 yards, but it's a slightly different insight as it wasn't his game before. I only dip in and out of you tube though so for me no history or culmination of annoyances.

I agree though that I've seen in the past he doesn't like his view challenged.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I agree though that I've seen in the past he doesn't like his view challenged.

Well, it would be surprising if you disagreed with yourself! ?

D

Deleted member 25172

One channel that I really look forward..... Wait, it's already been released!

Chasing Scratch. The two american idiots who have had their podcast for a few years now chasing scratch, but not in a very serious way. It's the funniest podcast out there imo. They have now started their own youtube channel and I can't wait to see what it'll be like. I typically find it a bit hard with yanks, but these two are really likeable.

If you've never heard of them before, you really need to listen to the podcast from the start, or otherwise you'll never get the jargon/jokes/phrases they come back to ever so often. There's a lot of episodes to listen back to, so if you give it a shot and you like it, you're in for a real treat.

Hammertoe

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Just a quick wondering about James Whiltshire, he has quite a few tattoos, if he ever was to make it onto your would he need to cover those up? Is there a rule about tattoos on tour? It's not something you see golfers have, although socially I know they are much more acceptable than they used to be

MendieGK

Tour Winner
Visit site
One channel that I really look forward..... Wait, it's already been released!

Chasing Scratch. The two american idiots who have had their podcast for a few years now chasing scratch, but not in a very serious way. It's the funniest podcast out there imo. They have now started their own youtube channel and I can't wait to see what it'll be like. I typically find it a bit hard with yanks, but these two are really likeable.

If you've never heard of them before, you really need to listen to the podcast from the start, or otherwise you'll never get the jargon/jokes/phrases they come back to ever so often. There's a lot of episodes to listen back to, so if you give it a shot and you like it, you're in for a real treat.
I played stallion mountain last year in Vegas because of them
let’s go let’s go

OneEyeRon

Hacker
Visit site
SAS Golf - really like the content he's putting out
Dan Hendriksen golf - glad he's broken away from Crossfield. Like Lester, not so keen on Lee.

I'm with you 100% on all of this. Simon comes across so well and I really want him to suceed.

DHG is great too, but I do not understand the constant use of Lee in a playing capacity. From what I can tell he does a lot of the production, which in fairness is good, however when he is playing I verge on turning off!

D

Deleted member 3432

I'm with you 100% on all of this. Simon comes across so well and I really want him to suceed.

DHG is great too, but I do not understand the constant use of Lee in a playing capacity. From what I can tell he does a lot of the production, which in fairness is good, however when he is playing I verge on turning off!

Even more worrying is that Lee fella appears to be a clubfitter....