Your Golfing Youtubers

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Good luck homer. get some chipping/pitching videos done. Linear and old school.

White writing quite hard to read on your video. if you use the same set up, try black text and use the white wall on your left shoulder as the background.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Quite like Sheils, and Finch is ok. They're good together for light entertainment too. Crossfield uses 5000 words when 100 will do, and I've gone off him.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good luck with the venture Mr HJS. You a much braver man than me Gungerdin. Anyway I could not afford the 10 extra lbs the camera allegedly puts on you.

Jungle

Head Pro
Visit site
Crossfield is my favourite. Very opinionated but I think most of the time he is generally spot on.

I watch some of Shiels and Finch. Shiels can be a bit two dimensional and can only smack big hooks. I think Finch can come across a bit awkward if not creepy 😂😂

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good luck with the venture Mr HJS. You a much braver man than me Gungerdin. Anyway I could not afford the 10 extra lbs the camera allegedly puts on you.

I've posted another from a swing MOT yesterday. Fortunately the quality isn't great, but good enough to see what the swing is like and what we worked on. I'm also claiming I had four layers on which "bulked" me up"

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Crossfire has upped his game recently imho. Worth taking another look at. As an example, he's just put up a thought provoking video explaining why shots go varying degrees of wide depending on loft, and how different styles of irons have similar left/right dispersion, but different long/short

Obv some of his vlogs are still a bit marmite, but his serious stuff is more original than a lot of the other stuff out there.

S17er

Club Champion
Visit site
Shawn Clements was a pioneer of his sort of stuff and still tend to look for his videos if want to know about a particular swing issue.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Crossfire has upped his game recently imho. Worth taking another look at. As an example, he's just put up a thought provoking video explaining why shots go varying degrees of wide depending on loft, and how different styles of irons have similar left/right dispersion, but different long/short

Obv some of his vlogs are still a bit marmite, but his serious stuff is more original than a lot of the other stuff out there.

I just find him arrogant

PaulyMcK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
To begin with I followed Me and My Golf, but I have quickly dropped them and mainly just watch Rick Shiels and Peter Finch.

I usually only get time to watch them during my lunch break at work. Mainly for the course vlogs and equipment tests. After reading through this thread, I will look out for some suggestions especially Fried Eggs Golf. :thup:

Last edited:

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't know why I dislike myself for watching these but I really enjoy them. I think its because I feel like a bit of groupie which makes me uncomfortable.

I enjoy Shiels, Finch, Improve My Golf and Matt Fryer Golf. Mostly for the North West connection and that they play courses I'm familiar with. Matt Fryer (and his dad Adrian) are really highly regarded teachers too.

I like the Me and My golf and the Crossfield lesson / swing advice. I think Crossfields on course stuff has gone way down hill though. Why do I want to watch him (or any of the others) knock it round a course in France, America or Spain on a jolly from Your Golf Travel . I prefer the UK stuff.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't know why I dislike myself for watching these but I really enjoy them. I think its because I feel like a bit of groupie which makes me uncomfortable.

I enjoy Shiels, Finch, Improve My Golf and Matt Fryer Golf. Mostly for the North West connection and that they play courses I'm familiar with. Matt Fryer (and his dad Adrian) are really highly regarded teachers too.

I like the Me and My golf and the Crossfield lesson / swing advice. I think Crossfields on course stuff has gone way down hill though. Why do I want to watch him (or any of the others) knock it round a course in France, America or Spain on a jolly from Your Golf Travel . I prefer the UK stuff.

I love them. I treat it as an on demand golf channel. Got about 80 or more subscriptions. Some daily, some less frequent. There is always something to have a nosey at be it swing tips, swing analysis, club reviews or course vlogs.

When herself is watching some tripe like 'bones', in goes an earphone and away I go.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
To begin with I followed Me and My Golf, but I have quickly dropped them and mainly just watch Rick Shiels and Peter Finch.
That! Basically. Sometimes a Crossfield, but I skip a lot there.

I really like the sessions Rick is doing with Dan Whittaker.
I don't really watch any gear reviews. I would possibly watch some if I would be in the market for something, but I don't care about different drivers. It's more a mixture of picking a tip up here and there, and being entertained.