Your Golfing Youtubers

dan2844

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Ive only just started watching golfers on youtube personally, so i havent heard of may of these. i am subscribed to Crossfield although im yet to get sick of him (so to speak) but i will be for sure checking out alot of the others above.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Having watched hours and hours of videos,instruction,tech,fittings,vlogs etc I have realised I have wasted so many hours of my life watching these people.

The thing is first of all I was watching them for a reason when I started golf mainly to pick up tips and information,then I started watching vlogs on courses I was likely to play or had played to see how I compared.

I still watch them occasionally but to be honest they all get on my wick now as they are all attention seekers and over act everything to the extreme.
Having met some of them they are actually different to the internet so that tells me they are not being themselves but playing to the camera[perhaps that's what they are actually trying to do to make it more watchable]however I have finally got a grip and realised I have wasted hours watching golfers play when I probably should have been out playing or practicing myself.
Imo

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Has anyone seen the Video with Crossfield and Lockey following Paige Spiranac round the Course.

Scary Stuff!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UdSK4LcEAA4

Yup, seem to remember there's 2 of them isn't there?

Remember seeing part of one of them and I thought Paige came out of this very well as she came across as very nice, patient and a decent fun person. Especially bearing in mind how nervous she must have been with all the media hype about her appearance, the fact she must get hit on by blokes constantly and be heartily sick of it and the fact she was trying to practice before the tournament started but got saddled with Beavis and Butthead following her round.

Crossfield just came across as a bit childish and immature at times, but then again no change there.

Hacker Khan

Visit site
Having watched hours and hours of videos,instruction,tech,fittings,vlogs etc I have realised I have wasted so many hours of my life watching these people.

The thing is first of all I was watching them for a reason when I started golf mainly to pick up tips and information,then I started watching vlogs on courses I was likely to play or had played to see how I compared.

I still watch them occasionally but to be honest they all get on my wick now as they are all attention seekers and over act everything to the extreme.
Having met some of them they are actually different to the internet so that tells me they are not being themselves but playing to the camera[perhaps that's what they are actually trying to do to make it more watchable]however I have finally got a grip and realised I have wasted hours watching golfers play when I probably should have been out playing or practicing myself.
Imo

I mostly watch them whilst I am doing all the cooking/washing up which I do in our house. Quite a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon, beer in one hand, tablet in front of me preparing the food. As for being attention seekers then I suppose you have to be to some extent to be on You Tube.

Sybez

Challenge Tour Pro
www.digitalberry.co.uk

Keeno

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I mostly watch them whilst I am doing all the cooking/washing up which I do in our house. Quite a pleasant way to spend a couple of hours on a Sunday afternoon, beer in one hand, tablet in front of me preparing the food. As for being attention seekers then I suppose you have to be to some extent to be on You Tube.

I have to agree this approach has helped kill many a dark night in the kitchen. Some the course vlog's are great viewing

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I like most of them - I cannot stand the general public and the comments sections though.

Garush34

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Watch finch and shiels. Can't stand crossfield now, just don't get why he and lockey and my to everything. Just doesn't make sense.

For more technical stuff I also watch Martin Chuck. He tends to explain things in great depth but it is easy to understand and follow. And he has a tone of videos.

snell

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Rick Shiels
Peter Finch
Quest Golf

But at the weekend i stumbled across Fired Eggs Golf.....its the funniest YouTube channel ive came across, pure entertainment. There are no course vlogs to speak of, just some hilarious vids and golf raps........gotta be seen to be believed.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I like Finch and Shiels, and having had a chat with them at the H4H day last year, they seem genuinely nice guys. Happy to keep in the background, and no big egos.

I watch some of Mark Crossfields course Vlogs, as he plays some decent courses which I like to see. Not keen when he plays with the bloke from My Golf Travel. I like to watch Pro's play and not an eight handicapper. Best vlogs are with Buzza, Pickard and Lockey.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
I used to like Rick Shiels but went right of him when he started begging on his vlogs for someone to give him a car , plus his club reviews are all hit it as far as possible with a 30 yard hook, not the best

Hacker Khan

Visit site
I used to like Rick Shiels but went right of him when he started begging on his vlogs for someone to give him a car , plus his club reviews are all hit it as far as possible with a 30 yard hook, not the best

I think that does highlight a difference between Shiels and Crossfield when they test clubs. As you say Shiels just tries to knock the living daylights out of everything, often ending up with a strong draw to put it politely. Where as Crossfield is many yards shorter, especially with the drivers and woods, but often as not very accurate. So you could argue that Crossfield's hits are a bit more realistic to what would happen on the course.

I did see someone once (can't remember if it was Shiels or Crossfield) do a test where they took the dispersion left or right off the length, which I thought was a decent way of doing it. Surprised they do not do that more.

As for the car begging then I think it was done in jest and not to be taken that seriously.

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
But at the weekend i stumbled across Fired Eggs Golf.....its the funniest YouTube channel ive came across, pure entertainment. There are no course vlogs to speak of, just some hilarious vids and golf raps........gotta be seen to be believed.

Love Fried Eggs as well! They've just released a new one today about counterfeit drivers...nails some people I see at the range down to the tee! Check it out you won't be disappointed :D

Crawfy

Tour Rookie
Visit site
As I look to my local pro for my tuition, I just watch these guys more for entertainment than anything else.
Having met Sheils & Finch I can vouch that they are gentlemen, however I do prefer watching Finch.
I think his 'talking heads' vlogs are great, and was very impressed with his recent one where he gave some background on himself and his journey to where he is now.
Some may self indulgent, I just saw a guy being honest and open. It deffo struck a cord with me.
The great thing is that these guys are all available...just wish there was such exposure to golf when I was a kid.