Your Course

sunshine

Visit site
Our course Rules came out yesterday
Basically as England golf guidelines

Ten minute intervals, two balls only, both players must be named, no booking the second slot as anonymous so you can only go out as a single if nobody books the second slot. Full 18 holes on the main course and 9 only on the 9 hole course. Juniors must play with an adult.

Only one booking every 3 days in advance, spare slots on the day can be booked on the day but only by phoning the office

Only one player allowed in the locker room at any time and all clubs etc to be taken home.

Driving range and practice facilities closed until there is guidance from England golf, except for putting green which can only be used immediately prior to your tee slot.

Exactly the same at my place.
Our range is closed so it surprises me that others are open.
Can only book 5 days ahead: Huge demand with every tee time booked.
Was stunned to see that times have been set aside for women, including "Ladies day" on Tuesday morning. I thought we were in the 21st century!
I'm playing Sunday afternoon, can't wait.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a nice change yesterday - we can now play 3 times a week.

I see England golf has now issued advice re Pro shops, golf lessons and driving ranges all though the latter is still a bit vague.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
We are currently on 10 minutes and 2 balls only it could clearly be see that 8 minutes would not pose a problem. 8 minutes is our usual spacing for 4 ball social golf.
Do you ever get queuing on par 3s ?
Studies have shown that 4 ball @ 8 min normally does produce hot spots. You must have a fortunate layout.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had a trial run yesterday running two 1-hour periods with 9 holes only on 3 loops of 9 using 6 minute intervals. This seemed to have worked successfully. This will now apply for the next 4 days but may not be so successful with full days of bookings possibly giving rise to hold-ups/bottlenecks. There will be changes according to the outcomes.

Kraxx68

Head Pro
Visit site
We've been lucky with our management team at Matfen Hall, for full time members, there are no restrictions on playing time, other than once a day, and 7 days a week. but we still have to pay £10 per game until they decide to restart our memberships, as currently suspended until we are back to normal, or as normal as it can be.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you ever get queuing on par 3s ?
Studies have shown that 4 ball @ 8 min normally does produce hot spots. You must have a fortunate layout.

When I quoted the time it is for all bookings and so it will be a mix of 2,3 and 4 balls and is actually 7/8 minute alternate. We have 10 minutes for major comps and 9 minutes for weekend medals.

We have one hole where we get queuing at times and it happens regardless of the first tee interval, fairly tough par 3 which is a par four for most luckily it the 15th so most of the round runs reasonable smoothly. We have tried having call through when players reach the green but it does not work because of health and safety in relation to the next tee.

I think at times,notably weekends in winter, getting players a game is more important than how long the round is, we have a very big membership.
edit we had a very big membership.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just looked on our booking sheets forward to next Wednesday - and between 7:30am and 17:30pm there is one available slot for a singleton to make up a pair. That's one in the whole 7 days...

Next Thursday's sheet will be opened at 8pm this evening...

I expect the majority of times will disappear very quickly - snapped up by our very large Thursday Roll-up (60+ members regularly play in it)

Hoping the pros are keeping an eye on how many slots individuals are booking peak hours (7:30am-2:30pm) each day - recommendation being no more than 2 a week and if you can play midweek don't book a weekend slot.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just looked on our booking sheets forward to next Wednesday - and between 7:30am and 17:30pm there is one available slot for a singleton to make up a pair. That's one in the whole 7 days...

Next Thursday's sheet will be opened at 8pm this evening...

I expect the majority of times will disappear very quickly - snapped up by our very large Thursday Roll-up (60+ members regularly play in it)

Hoping the pros are keeping an eye on how many slots individuals are booking peak hours (7:30am-2:30pm) each day - recommendation being no more than 2 a week and if you can play midweek don't book a weekend slot.
Why is your club putting them out so far in advance. Doesn't that simply play into the hands of those that can either log on asap when the times are released. Can you book for more than one person? At the moment we are putting out for two days in advance so Saturdays went live today and you can only put your own name down.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Why is your club putting them out so far in advance. Doesn't that simply play into the hands of those that can either log on asap when the times are released. Can you book for more than one person? At the moment we are putting out for two days in advance so Saturdays went live today and you can only put your own name down.

Don't know why we chose to do a rolling week - but only one new day's tee times become available each day. I believe that you can book for another player as well (I haven't tried) - but only in the same 2-ball as yourself. Bookings for next Thursday will open at 8pm this evening - no further ahead than that. Allows 9-5 workers a chance of getting a tee time. Club has asked that players who can play weekdays only book weekday slots - and every member is limited to two peak time (7:30am-2:30pm) slots in the rolling week.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Don't know why we chose to do a rolling week - but only one new day's tee times become available each day. I believe that you can book for another player as well (I haven't tried) - but only in the same 2-ball as yourself. Bookings for next Thursday will open at 8pm this evening - no further ahead than that. Allows 9-5 workers a chance of getting a tee time. Club has asked that players who can play weekdays only book weekday slots - and every member is limited to two peak time (7:30am-2:30pm) slots in the rolling week.
I can see the merit of opening the times in the evening to give those working a chance but if places are limited why not restrict it to one person booking one time. Yes I get you want to play with your mate as we're allowed. I was in the same boat and put my name down as a solo but got paired with a guy I know so worked out

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had a trial run yesterday running two 1-hour periods with 9 holes only on 3 loops of 9 using 6 minute intervals. This seemed to have worked successfully. This will now apply for the next 4 days but may not be so successful with full days of bookings possibly giving rise to hold-ups/bottlenecks. There will be changes according to the outcomes.
How many have you got Jim?

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
We're finally open. Sort of.

No clubhouse.
No carts (buggies).
No pulling pins.
Ball is considered holed if inverted cup is hit.
No rakes for bunkers.
No functional ball washers.
No hospitality cart offering libations.
And with no hospitality cart, no trying to shag the lass driving it.

Call me when you're open for real, guys.
I'm not quite that desperate yet.