Your Course

Golf_Mad

Visit site
Just wondering what measures your course is taking for the relaunch of golf?

Our course is 9 holes only (front or back)
1 booking per day
maximum 2 balls
no rakes, no bins, no ballwashers
Practice areas only open to those next to tee off so you have 10 mins to warm up
10 mins intervals between tee times

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
For no justifiable reason the "leader" of Scotland and her hench (wo)men are not yet willing to allow the people to play the very dangerous game of golf.

Walking along a public path that is absolutely packed with people who have no idea how to social distance or couldn't give a you know what because they are chavs is fine.

My mate tells me that our practice area that is closed had a full on football kick about with 6 people yesterday.

#nothappy.

Golfnut1957

Visit site

1 booking per day
maximum 2 balls
Practice areas only open to those next to tee off so you have 10 mins to warm up
Ours is pretty much the same. We have two lots of ten holes. You can only have your name on the BRS once so you can't book another round until you have finished the one you have. BRS has tee times from 7:30 until 20:30

D

Deleted member 1147

We have most of the measures you mention. Plus separate entrance and exit to & from the course, so those starting and finishing don’t meet.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

1 booking per day
maximum 2 balls

Same, except 18 holes after 3.30 and max 3 rounds per week per member.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
For no justifiable reason the "leader" of Scotland and her hench (wo)men are not yet willing to allow the people to play the very dangerous game of golf.

Walking along a public path that is absolutely packed with people who have no idea how to social distance or couldn't give a you know what because they are chavs is fine.

My mate tells me that our practice area that is closed had a full on football kick about with 6 people yesterday.

#nothappy.

I think you will find that there is a very clear and justifiable reason as to Scotlands stance.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Generally all the England Golf guidelines/protocols which presumably everyone is adopting (?) but in particular
18 holes in 1 or 2 balls
Must be booked in advance (which is new for us - never had that before. And there'll be an almighty row in due course that the requirement is removed. Guaranteed)
Online booking - which we've also never had before.
One starting point only - the 1st (we normally have three)
Starters, and course marshalls, which are a new thing.
The only facilities open are the toilets - rest of clubhouse remains closed.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Last edited:

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
I disagree. Golf is safe, going to B&Q isn't.
Golf is important for many people's health and mental well-being, not sure the same could be said for B&Q.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/airline-packed-scots-travellers-like-22009494

Then I read that this was allowed, a full flight from Edi to Amsterdam!

You're not being asked what you believe is safe and what isn't. Walking is also good for mental health.

For someone who works in education your response is very child like. I appreciate you may not wish to go to any store to purchase supplies and items however they are open to benefit the nation, perhaps painting a shed in the fresh air is also good for stimulation and mental health of some people?

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

1 booking per day
maximum 2 balls

Same, except 18 holes is on the menu, leave once the round is completed and god horror we are being encouraged to change in the car park!:eek:

jamiet7682

Visit site
We have recieved a plan from our club once government allows play. Limited to 2 ball, 10 minute intervals and limited to 9 holes. Seems sensible.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We have recieved a plan from our club once government allows play. Limited to 2 ball, 10 minute intervals and limited to 9 holes. Seems sensible.

Think thats the EGU guidance so most clubs are following. We have two loops of nine so you can book 9 holes on either front or back 9 depending on your preference but only allowed one nine per day so can't book say 8.00am on front nine and a 10.00 time to go off the back

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
for the first time in history we are having a telephone booking system, 2balls only, no guest or visitors, 9 holes, change in car park, and leave as soon as the 9 holes are finished.

each telephone booking will be uploaded onto a google calendar so available times are shown