Your club competitions in the Summer

Guvnor2013

Medal Winner
Visit site
At ours there's generally (90% of the time) a comp on each Saturday and each Wednesday both off the whites. The Wednesday one is easy to get a tee time for (you could turn up on the morning and still have a choice when to go out - I tend to book the day before), the Saturday one has a draw 11 days before on the Tuesday for half of the tee slots and then a second draw on the Friday (8 days before) for the other half of the slots. People complain that they can't get a decent tee time if they are not drawn out early. I've not had a problem to date. I suspect some of this, and other problems about popularity stem from the size of the active membership. Golf clubs seem reluctant to say they are full.

Of these, one week (same both days) will be a medal and the next 3 weeks will be Stablefords (as a result of feedback from members who don't like Medals as much). Some weekends there are comps on Sundays which tend to be Shotgun starts (which does close the course to everyone else).

There are a few other quirky ones thrown in but this is the general model. We had a visit from a team from another club who have a seniors comp every Tuesday off the yellows which seemed like a good idea - we don't do that yet. Women's comps are on Thursdays.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
In addition to the monthly comps, we also hold a midweek stableford and medal so there's always an opportunity, especially in the summer to play comps even if you only do enough per year to keep the handicap active