WHS and club completions

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I know for a fact Kent Golf Union would not allow anyone to enter the Kent Amateur Championship that had any general play cards in their last 20 scores.
A friend of mine was stopped from entering because he had a couple in his record.
A fact you say, then why have I been able to find a number of this years entries who have GP scores in their 20 rounds preceeding the competition. As Rulefan says there is nothing in their ToC for this competition that would indicate that they were taking such a stance.

wjemather

Visit site
I know for a fact Kent Golf Union would not allow anyone to enter the Kent Amateur Championship that had any general play cards in their last 20 scores.
A friend of mine was stopped from entering because he had a couple in his record.
Kent GU's ToC for their amateur championship closely mimicked EG's policy for elite competitions:

An entry may be refused if, in the opinion of the Championship Committee, a players Handicap Index is not reflective of their playing ability. This decision may be based on but is not limited to:
(a) a handicap record (most recent 20 scores) that contains more than 4 (four) General Play scores,
(b) a handicap record (most recent 20 scores) that contains less than 4 (four) Competition Scores, or
(c) an incomplete handicap record where fewer than 20 scores have been returned.

It certainly did not prohibit any entrant, including your friend, from having GP scores in their most recent 20.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kent GU's ToC for their amateur championship closely mimicked EG's policy for elite competitions:

An entry may be refused if, in the opinion of the Championship Committee, a players Handicap Index is not reflective of their playing ability. This decision may be based on but is not limited to:
(a) a handicap record (most recent 20 scores) that contains more than 4 (four) General Play scores,
(b) a handicap record (most recent 20 scores) that contains less than 4 (four) Competition Scores, or
(c) an incomplete handicap record where fewer than 20 scores have been returned.

It certainly did not prohibit any entrant, including your friend, from having GP scores in their most recent 20.
In which case, they changed this year. Last year it definitely was restricted. A friend wrote a long email to Kent to complain about it, and got told to not bother them.

Edit: did some digging. They did restrict, but wasn’t none in last 20. Just none of the counting 8 could be General Play at all

1726163496056.png

Last edited: