Will your club ban visitors?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
In scotland most clubs have been on no visitors, demand to play is high and with the short days members were the priority. now its getting lighter that might change
Same for us. We've had a big influx of members and so the demand for tee slots. We're currently running on max of two players per tee time, so I can't see any guests being allowed until we get back to 3 or 4 balls.
It's been compounded by the fact that a lot of the members we lost were non-playing members and the new members are all playing members so subsequently there are more people wanting to play. It may ease off when we come out of lockdown as people will be able to do other things rather than just play golf and so reduce the pressure on tee-times.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
I fully expect our club to be encouraging visitors to play as much as possible to get some money in. Last year there were times when a few visitors were on the booking sheet before it opened and one Saturday there were more visitors booked than members. Grumbles from a few members but nothing done about it.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I contacted them mid Jan about this. They said they would extend the voucher period by the same length as lockdown existed. Considering the vouchers had to be used by end of Feb and lockdown began late December I think they will extend to end of May. I will email shortly to check. If this is the case then we will have won there. Potentially playing in Jan / Feb, now playing April / May (y).

I rung them a couple of weeks ago and they said the same. I assumed as lockdown lasted 3 months, they would be valid for another 3 months, i.e. end of June, but you might be right. Either way, I'm happy:)

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
No confirmation yet, but we won't know when we can open at all till Drakeford's next update which is 12th March.

I am pretty certain that we will be Member Only to start with as

1) We are full and there will no free times for visitors
2) You can manage any additional imposed restrictions more easily when you know who is on site.

Seems only logical to me. Members' Club, giving priority to the folk who have paid to keep it running while they themselves have not been allowed to play.

Proprietary clubs have a more difficult member/visitor balance to manage. They will have a big revenue hole to fill. How they do that will depend on how they operate.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I rung them a couple of weeks ago and they said the same. I assumed as lockdown lasted 3 months, they would be valid for another 3 months, i.e. end of June, but you might be right. Either way, I'm happy:)
My thinking was that we could have used it up until mid December (there was a restriction during Christmas) so we were left with Jan and Feb to use it. We couldn't due to lock down but the period left was 2 months so that is what we would get. I'm not basing this on anything other than my own working out so you could well be right, I hope you are :D. Either way, we get to play it in better weather and better conditions than we would have (y)

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Propriety Club giving a 1 month Membership extension from LD1.
Members can book 2 weeks ahead
There'll be no visiting groups/teams for at least 1st month
Then members can have guests & visitors can book 1 week ahead & a few societies will start.
It will be interesting to see just how many current members renew & how many new ones we get as we generally have a substantial turn-over as the cheapest Club with the best practice facilities, in N Leeds.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not heard yet but likely to be same as last time. No visitors or members guests to start with due to high member demand. But as that eases, then members' guests, and then visitirs. Might not be as busy as previous occasions as more other stuff will be open fairly quickly - for part of last year, golf was about all you could do for a while.

Swango1980

Visit site
Our club has not banned visitors. In fact, it has sent out messages on facebook, etc, that anyone can book from this Sunday. Given that a lot of clubs will probably ban non-members, our members will be in a mad rush to get decent slots ahead of non-members.

Oh yeah, and out membership fees have gone up quite a bit from when we need to renew. Looks like the only local club to do this. No refunds for the 3 months lost

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
No visitors at all during the first week back, thereafter members are allowed no more than one guest per round.

Pay and play visitors will be allowed after the first week but can only book one day in advance, so the reality is we won’t see many, with none likely at peak times.

I think we’ve got things about right.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
We will probably say no visitors when we first reopen, then depending on member demand I imagine we will relax that members' guests once we know how much space there is.

We are however still doing society bookings.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No information on that, keeping an eye as I've a couple of nomadic golf mates. Think it'll be like last LD, members only for the first 2-3 weeks.

Yorkhacker

Visit site
No visitors for the foreseeable, not sure about guests. But having given each member 6 guest passes we should be given a fair opportunity to use them. I still have 2 left for this year which I'm hoping I'll be able to carry forward into the new club year (01/04).

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
My thinking was that we could have used it up until mid December (there was a restriction during Christmas) so we were left with Jan and Feb to use it. We couldn't due to lock down but the period left was 2 months so that is what we would get. I'm not basing this on anything other than my own working out so you could well be right, I hope you are :D. Either way, we get to play it in better weather and better conditions than we would have (y)

Got the monthly newsletter from Close House this morning.

Looks like we might have to wait a while to use those vouchers -

"Initially as we expect demand to be high, we are limiting tee time bookings to member and members guests only on both golf courses."

Doesn't mention any specific dates.

DanFST

Head Pro
Visit site
Our club has not banned visitors. In fact, it has sent out messages on facebook, etc, that anyone can book from this Sunday. Given that a lot of clubs will probably ban non-members, our members will be in a mad rush to get decent slots ahead of non-members.

Oh yeah, and out membership fees have gone up quite a bit from when we need to renew. Looks like the only local club to do this. No refunds for the 3 months lost

But I got told anyone who wanted a refund was stupid and selfish?