Will your club ban visitors?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just had an email saying our place will be members only until June at the earliest because of the anticipated level of demand. Am chuffed the club is taking that approach, turning it's back on green fees and putting members first.

What's your place doing?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Very simply- Yes
We had no Green Fees from LD1. We were allowed guests for a while before LD2 but only fairly late in the day
I don't expect it to be any different until late summer at the earliest

D

Deleted member 15344

We will have no visitors for a while but also no members guests until May at least

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Ours have stated that it will be members only for the first 2 weeks - with no competitions or any group block bookings in that period to allow everyone to get on course at a time most convenient to them.

Beyond that they've not mentioned anything but I imagine they'll want to get guests and visitors back on pretty sharpish tbh.

Be interesting to see how busy it gets as traditionally they'd always struggled for member numbers but were quite popular with societies and green fees. Now I believe we're close to a waiting list for the first time in a long time so the demand for tee times will be higher than ever.

It seems to be quite a "mature" membership demographic though so most will play midweek i imagine.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Not heard anything yet but anticipate full opening to all.

Members can book tees 3 days before visitors though and with our membership numbers I imagine we will book out the course for the first couple of weeks just because we're all desperate to play.

Be nice if we closed to visitors, but its just not that kind of club.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
In scotland most clubs have been on no visitors, demand to play is high and with the short days members were the priority. now its getting lighter that might change

D-S

Visit site
Yup, no members guests cor the first few weeks and then vIsitors only from June or maybe even July. Also have increased green fees. Membership renewals and new members joining look really strong and they rightly will have an advantage. Also we have postponed an Open and societies for the first month to give members maximum opportunity to play. Members own and run the club and they are its life blood - it’s been a tough year and membership should mean something.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Ditto
I'm going to say not a cat in hells chance at my current club
Same as last year after reopening, so don't imagine this being any different

are you at Close House or am I thinking of someone else? Have got some vouchers for there which were due to be used by Feb :)

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I wonder how much extra demand there will really be given all other sports start at the same time, and then people will have various other elements opened from 12th April plus being able to catch up with family and friends. I expect an initial rush but I'm not sure I'd be promising no visitors till June to a membership as you may find a lot of space is actually there.

D

Deleted member 16999

Ditto
I'm going to say not a cat in hells chance at my current club
Same as last year after reopening, so don't imagine this being any different
Increased members as well, great from a financial point of view, but if they don’t restrict visitors at certain times I can see us losing some as well.

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
No visitors or members guests at the start. Like last time, It'll probably last a month when members guests will be allowed back first.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We're a Hilton course, so I assume members will have priority on the course until the hotels open again properly (mid May?). Ah the joys of being a hotel course.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
are you at Close House or am I thinking of someone else? Have got some vouchers for there which were due to be used by Feb :)
I contacted them mid Jan about this. They said they would extend the voucher period by the same length as lockdown existed. Considering the vouchers had to be used by end of Feb and lockdown began late December I think they will extend to end of May. I will email shortly to check. If this is the case then we will have won there. Potentially playing in Jan / Feb, now playing April / May (y).

With regards to the question, I expect visitors will be back at my course by May at the latest. Visitors are a big part of the business plan and the club will want them back asap. We had about 3-4 weeks grace last time and I hope we get similar this time.

D

Deleted member 1147

I don’t know yet, but I’d be very annoyed if members tee bookings are limited, whilst they allow visitors.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My new club was members only for several weeks the last time they reopened from a lockdown. Tee times were still rammed so they had to really. I still need to take my dad for a round there though as he is considering joining for the new membership year which renews in May. So I hope they allow a member's guest in this case. Maybe not in the first few weeks.