Member Guest Pass at your club?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Members guest is £30 anytime, no restriction on the number of guests. There are no "free passes".

Normal Visitor Green Fees are £40 weekdays, £50 weekends and bank holidays before 11am and £45 after 11am.

peld

Visit site
In our members book we get 6 free guests passes, and three each 3for2 and 2for1 passes. Guest fee is £25 i think for our main course (£20 for smaller course). Green fee is maybe £75 but very few will pay that rate.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Think mine is £35 visitor fee and £20 member guest rate.

Playing Close House Colt Course tonight, going to cost me £50 as a member guest, definitely beats the £200 visitor fee.
It's a real shame how they have priced there now. I really like the Filly course but no way is it a £100 course. Same for the Colt, really nice but not £200. Very handy to know somewhere there. Enjoy

Springveldt

Visit site
It's a real shame how they have priced there now. I really like the Filly course but no way is it a £100 course. Same for the Colt, really nice but not £200. Very handy to know somewhere there. Enjoy
Yeah, prices are nuts. No way I'd be playing it unless I was getting signed on, even then £50 is approaching my limit for a one off round of golf. I just can't justify £200 in my head for a round of golf no matter how good the course is, not when most memberships around here are £700-£950 for the year and I'm perfectly happy playing on those courses.

I've never played the Colt before so it should be an experience at least and let me see what my mate is getting for all the cash he has splashed out.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

£200 for Close House Colt 😮😮 wow

It’s a nice course but that’s more than you pay for some of the heathlands in Surrey that are significantly better

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah, prices are nuts. No way I'd be playing it unless I was getting signed on, even then £50 is approaching my limit for a one off round of golf. I just can't justify £200 in my head for a round of golf no matter how good the course is, not when most memberships around here are £700-£950 for the year and I'm perfectly happy playing on those courses.

I've never played the Colt before so it should be an experience at least and let me see what my mate is getting for all the cash he has splashed out.
It's a good course, very good imo although I know plenty don't agree. First time I played it I went off the whites, not my choice, and it was too tough. Second time I insisted off the yellows and it was way more fun. You have much more length than me so you will be probably be okay off the whites. It is hilly though, be ready for that at times.

Some really nice holes there and the set up is quality.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
£200 for Close House Colt 😮😮 wow

It’s a nice course but that’s more than you pay for some of the heathlands in Surrey that are significantly better
That will be a deliberate decision though. They have enough members, corporate days, stay and plays etc that they don't need visitors. That price is either to reduce the numbers or make you pay for the privilege.

Pricing is often not about what is best, just look at the pricing in Scotland which is designed to attract the American dollar.

Springveldt

Visit site
It's a good course, very good imo although I know plenty don't agree. First time I played it I went off the whites, not my choice, and it was too tough. Second time I insisted off the yellows and it was way more fun. You have much more length than me so you will be probably be okay off the whites. It is hilly though, be ready for that at times.

Some really nice holes there and the set up is quality.
Can't be any hillier than the back 9 at Castle Park on Saturday. Thought I was going to need to phone 999 trying to climb the mountain up to the 12th green. One of the lads was in the crap on the right so rather than walk all the way across to the path I just tried to scramble up from there. It was one of those hills that was so steep that I was leaning forward the whole way up, bag on back as well. I was very nearly at the Rocky 4 stage of hands and knees trying to scramble up it. :LOL:

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
That will be a deliberate decision though. They have enough members, corporate days, stay and plays etc that they don't need visitors. That price is either to reduce the numbers or make you pay for the privilege.

Pricing is often not about what is best, just look at the pricing in Scotland which is designed to attract the American dollar.

It would be interesting to know how many they have pay £200 for a round , I know some clubs are expensive but that’s madness for that course

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

Totally agree. If you want to play and decide its value for money it is there for you but if not don't pay and don't play it. A lot of clubs seem to have these high visitors fees which in some ways are almost a deterrent to the everyday golfer but if it is a course someone is desperate to play then pay through the nose. I know Camberley Heath where we had a H4H is now around the £90 mark. Not worth that (imo anyway) but people can and do pay it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's crazy how many of your courses have visitor fees over twice as much as ours, yet the member's guest fee is cheaper than ours. 😄

Visit site
£187 visitor / £52 guest (weekend rates)

Understand that it used to be a lot cheaper for guests back when the member would pay for all of their guests (ie. Up member paying for up to 3 guests).
Nowadays, the member asks to check in a guest and then stands back whilst the visitor presents their debit card…

It’s a large source of income for the club tbh.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
My Nairn sign on was £20 per head, but thats double what it was 10 years ago. in context though the visitor Green fee is £200 in summer. My Tain has largely stayed the same £5 in winter and £10 in Summer. Dornochs is the same as Nairn

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We played Paisley GC in the 90s with two lads we met in a pub.
Felt like we were driving up a mountain to get there, it was up in the clouds.
We were on a golf holiday got talking and the Scotland v England gauntlet was thrown down.
When we arrived it was £1 to sign a guest in.
Great game and we won.
Two great lads and very nice course with spectacular clubhouse.