WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think the data dump on 1st/2nd November will resolve all of the issues. I have received multiple enquiries from members saying that rounds are missing from their records. When you compare the ClubV1 playing record to the Clubhouse WHS portal, that seems to be the case. But when you compare the GolfBox Player Handicap Report, which Wales Golf currently use for full Member Handicap Reports, some rounds are missing from there also. I include 3 screenshots for my record. Notice the round played on 20/9/20, 1st Presidents Cup. That round is on my ClubV1 history, but not on my GolfBox Handicap Report. It looks like the data dump has been taken from GolfBox, and not ClubV1. If that is the case, the missing rounds will never be added. A quick look on the database and almost every player at my club has rounds missing.
The England data was taken from the England CDH not from any of the ISVs
I assume GolfBox is the Wales equivalent. In that case, that is where the data would have come from.

Swango1980

Visit site
@Swango1980

Permissions must be set up on V1

Sup scores on HDID

Go to today’s golf
Sign In
You should then see supplementary scores box - click on it and proceed filling in.

WHS Portal dashboard - I think you might find you can register (only think) have you/anyone tried.
Thanks. I think I may need the Owner to set up those permissions, as I do not get those Supplementary Card options. And, I cannot find them on Club V1 settings, but there is quite a lot that is hidden from our handicaps account.

On WHS Portal, I manually typed in the e-mail address and DOB for all other Committee members. They have therefore been able to fully register. However, no other member has. I could manually type all the details for 251 members with handicaps. However, this would take absolutely ages (especially as DOB and email address are not on same screen on Club V1), and no doubt if I spend all this time doing this, Club V1 would have imported all these details as soon as I've finished.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks. I think I may need the Owner to set up those permissions, as I do not get those Supplementary Card options. And, I cannot find them on Club V1 settings, but there is quite a lot that is hidden from our handicaps account.

On WHS Portal, I manually typed in the e-mail address and DOB for all other Committee members. They have therefore been able to fully register. However, no other member has. I could manually type all the details for 251 members with handicaps. However, this would take absolutely ages (especially as DOB and email address are not on same screen on Club V1), and no doubt if I spend all this time doing this, Club V1 would have imported all these details as soon as I've finished.
Personally I would get someone you haven't manually entered data for just to try and see what happens.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Latest off the V1 notice board

All members that were opted-in to send their personal information (email address and date of birth etc.) to their local golf unions’ central server, by default or by choice, have now had their personal information successfully transmitted to the English and Welsh server.

We are aware that hidden members (resigned and deceased etc.) are appearing on the WHS platform. However, we have only uploaded records that WHS have given us information for, which means that these hidden members already existed in the CDH. Our Development Team are currently investigating the possibility of hiding members in hidden categories from the WHS platform.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have a player who has just returned from working in Dubai, and has been a member here for the last five years, the last two being as an Country member. The majority of his last 20 scores, all this year, have been on courses in Dubai under competition conditions. He has forwarded all the details including slopes, CR etc for each round, and his handicap index of 1.1. Since returning he has played a few rounds at our Club. He is no longer a member of a club in Dubai.

Do the foreign scores have to be submitted to the people implementing the new system here for his handicap index to be created before 2nd November?

We also have a new member who has moved from the States, again with full recent handicap record there and an index of 6.1. He has never been a member of a club in England. Can his handicap be allocated based on the US scores?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have a player who has just returned from working in Dubai, and has been a member here for the last five years, the last two being as an Country member. The majority of his last 20 scores, all this year, have been on courses in Dubai under competition conditions. He has forwarded all the details including slopes, CR etc for each round, and his handicap index of 1.1. Since returning he has played a few rounds at our Club. He is no longer a member of a club in Dubai.

Do the foreign scores have to be submitted to the people implementing the new system here for his handicap index to be created before 2nd November?

We also have a new member who has moved from the States, again with full recent handicap record there and an index of 6.1. He has never been a member of a club in England. Can his handicap be allocated based on the US scores?

Scores outside the UK couldn’t be used until after 2 Nov is my understanding as we are not members of the WHS until then

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Not much time left but, if 3 initial cards are submitted under UHS, then they can be allocated handicaps taking their previous handicaps - under a different system - into account. If the one from Dubai were to be allocated Cat 1, you would still have to get county authority.

Swango1980

Visit site
Personally I would get someone you haven't manually entered data for just to try and see what happens.
I did. I didn't manually enter data for myself. So, I keep trying to register just like any other member, knowing that if I can get in, so can they. Sadly, this still confirms the e-mail addresses are not present.

Swango1980

Visit site
But @Swango1980 says that his club have responded.
I suppose I should clarify. I message the Owner of my Club to say that we need to authorise the guys at Club V1 to send member e-mail addresses and DOB to WHS. He messaged me back on Thursday to say he had spoken to them, and it will all be transferred before the end of the week. However, was this the correct method of communication?

If there was a more official, technical way of doing this, I personally have not heard about it. How else do you "opt in"? There are that many England Golf e-mails flying around, I've not seen anything from Club Systems, but even there Pop Up ads do not seem to give much away.

I'm feeling like quitting this role of Handicap Secretary before WHS even begins, it is giving me a sore head.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I suppose I should clarify. I message the Owner of my Club to say that we need to authorise the guys at Club V1 to send member e-mail addresses and DOB to WHS. He messaged me back on Thursday to say he had spoken to them, and it will all be transferred before the end of the week. However, was this the correct method of communication?

If there was a more official, technical way of doing this, I personally have not heard about it. How else do you "opt in"? There are that many England Golf e-mails flying around, I've not seen anything from Club Systems, but even there Pop Up ads do not seem to give much away.

I'm feeling like quitting this role of Handicap Secretary before WHS even begins, it is giving me a sore head.

I think, but am not sure, there was an automated system on V1 to push which gave the authorisation to pass on the data. Seems like that may be the issue.

If you can access the basic V1 how about going on chat after 1000 hrs and seeing if they can advise.

Swango1980

Visit site
I think, but am not sure, there was an automated system on V1 to push which gave the authorisation to pass on the data. Seems like that may be the issue.

If you can access the basic V1 how about going on chat after 1000 hrs and seeing if they can advise.
That must be the problem then. I guess the owners phone call was a waste of time then. If only they just told him to use the automated system. Mind you, it would not be unlike him to completely miss that point if it was made.

So, if clubs have never given permission, what happens on 2nd November? Will they send it all through anyway, or do we still need to ask?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
That must be the problem then. I guess the owners phone call was a waste of time then. If only they just told him to use the automated system. Mind you, it would not be unlike him to completely miss that point if it was made.

So, if clubs have never given permission, what happens on 2nd November? Will they send it all through anyway, or do we still need to ask?
Personally I would speak to Club Systems soonest

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting....I've just noted that one of my scores is registered in the WHS as being played off the Yellow tees. We never play comps off the yellows.

Given that the data used comes from the existing CDH I decided to check how the score in question is registered in the CDH.

Now...the CDH doesn't show whether rounds are played off whites or yellows...only the SSS of the course being played (and the resulting CSS of the comp) is shown. The interesting thing about this comp was that we had some works going on that meant the course was shortened by more than 100 yards from its measured length....so we manually reduced the SSS of the comp from 69 (normal SSS for the white tees) to 68. Although the Yellow tees SSS is 67 I'm wondering if the WHS system has interpreted this round being played off the Yellows because the SSS was not 69?

So the light bulb went off that we had another comp where the SSS was reduced to 68, so I had a quick look at the WHS scoring record of a few players who played in that competition and the WHS thinks that those players also played off the yellow tees.

Last edited:

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Interesting....I've just noted that one of my scores is registered in the WHS as being played off the Yellow tees. We never play comps off the yellows.

Given that the data used comes from the existing CDH I decided to check how the score in question is registered in the CDH.

Now...the CDH doesn't show whether rounds are played off whites or yellows...only the SSS of the course being played (and the resulting CSS of the comp) is shown. The interesting thing about this comp was that we had some works going on that meant the course was shortened by more than 100 yards from its measured length....so we manually reduced the SSS of the comp from 69 (normal SSS for the white tees) to 68. Although the Yellow tees SSS is 67 I'm wondering if the WHS system has interpreted this round being played off the Yellows because the SSS was not 69?

So the light bulb went off that we had another comp where the SSS was reduced to 68, so I had a quick look at the WHS scoring record of a few players who played in that competition and the WHS thinks that those players also played off the yellow tees.
I'm beginning to think this is one of the problems. The transition software has to find a course. As the CDH hasn't got name to match it has to try something else and SSS probably seemed a good idea. If it still can't find a match what does it do? Another of these 'What if?' conditions not anticipated by the specifiers.
But doesn't answer the issue of all scores being allocated to the wrong tees.