WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
We gave Club V1 permission to send member e-mail addresses to WHS last week. Sadly, this has still not been done. 1 week to go, and our members are still very much in the dark.

I'll let the competition secretary and his team worry about setting up competitions post 2nd November, and how things may be different to now. But, I do have concerns about supplementary scores. I'm getting quite a few each week, in which members e-mail me to pre-register, and then e-mail me a photo of their scorecard afterwards, for me to enter into the system. New members are still coming out of the woodwork, and asking how to go about submitting supplementary scores. Truth is, come next week, I literally have no idea how this process may change. Will howdidido allow them to do all of this automatically? One thing is for certain, there is absolutely no chance that they can finish the round and ask someone at the club to do it for them. We've also had the PSI turned off since Covid (although, when we did have it on, one day the option to enter Supplementary Scores mysteriously vanished.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
We gave Club V1 permission to send member e-mail addresses to WHS last week. Sadly, this has still not been done. 1 week to go, and our members are still very much in the dark.

I'll let the competition secretary and his team worry about setting up competitions post 2nd November, and how things may be different to now. But, I do have concerns about supplementary scores. I'm getting quite a few each week, in which members e-mail me to pre-register, and then e-mail me a photo of their scorecard afterwards, for me to enter into the system. New members are still coming out of the woodwork, and asking how to go about submitting supplementary scores. Truth is, come next week, I literally have no idea how this process may change. Will howdidido allow them to do all of this automatically? One thing is for certain, there is absolutely no chance that they can finish the round and ask someone at the club to do it for them. We've also had the PSI turned off since Covid (although, when we did have it on, one day the option to enter Supplementary Scores mysteriously vanished.

@Swango1980 I’m V1

Can you see your members on the dashboard?

Supplemetary cards - I have just gone on HDID both on iPad and smartphone and have been able to sign in for a supplementary card.

I am going in tomorrow and I am the only person at present allowed to use the PSI, I’ll check on there to see if the option is still there although I appreciate that members won’t be able to use it.

Swango1980

Visit site
@Swango1980 I’m V1

Can you see your members on the dashboard?

Supplemetary cards - I have just gone on HDID both on iPad and smartphone and have been able to sign in for a supplementary card.

I am going in tomorrow and I am the only person at present allowed to use the PSI, I’ll check on there to see if the option is still there although I appreciate that members won’t be able to use it.
Thanks.

Just to clarify regarding "dashboard", are you referencing ClubV1 or WHS Portal (apologies for confusion). Club V1 seems to be just as normal. In terms of the WHS Portal, I can search all members, but only their names appear in "Basic" tab. No e-mail addresses or DOB. I've also tried to register as all other members would have to, but I cannot get in as it tells me my e-mail address is not in the system (I'm just doing this to double check I'm not missing anything, when I can log in I know members can also).

Thanks about the Supp Score info. What menu do you use. When I log into the Todays Golf menu, and click Sign In, it just says there are no competitions to sign into. Is this where I should be able to sign in to a Supp Score? If so, I guess it may have something to do with a Club V1 setting?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thanks.

Just to clarify regarding "dashboard", are you referencing ClubV1 or WHS Portal (apologies for confusion). Club V1 seems to be just as normal. In terms of the WHS Portal, I can search all members, but only their names appear in "Basic" tab. No e-mail addresses or DOB. I've also tried to register as all other members would have to, but I cannot get in as it tells me my e-mail address is not in the system (I'm just doing this to double check I'm not missing anything, when I can log in I know members can also).

Thanks about the Supp Score info. What menu do you use. When I log into the Todays Golf menu, and click Sign In, it just says there are no competitions to sign into. Is this where I should be able to sign in to a Supp Score? If so, I guess it may have something to do with a Club V1 setting?

@Swango1980

Permissions must be set up on V1

Sup scores on HDID

Go to today’s golf
Sign In
You should then see supplementary scores box - click on it and proceed filling in.

WHS Portal dashboard - I think you might find you can register (only think) have you/anyone tried.

IanMcC

Visit site
I don’t think the data dump on 1st/2nd November will resolve all of the issues. I have received multiple enquiries from members saying that rounds are missing from their records. When you compare the ClubV1 playing record to the Clubhouse WHS portal, that seems to be the case. But when you compare the GolfBox Player Handicap Report, which Wales Golf currently use for full Member Handicap Reports, some rounds are missing from there also. I include 3 screenshots for my record. Notice the round played on 20/9/20, 1st Presidents Cup. That round is on my ClubV1 history, but not on my GolfBox Handicap Report. It looks like the data dump has been taken from GolfBox, and not ClubV1. If that is the case, the missing rounds will never be added. A quick look on the database and almost every player at my club has rounds missing.

Attachments

• WHS Clubhouse.PNG
    WHS Clubhouse.PNG
    45.6 KB · Views: 3
  • ClubV1.PNG
    ClubV1.PNG
    57.9 KB · Views: 3
  • GolfBox.PNG
    GolfBox.PNG
    43.8 KB · Views: 3

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t think the data dump on 1st/2nd November will resolve all of the issues. I have received multiple enquiries from members saying that rounds are missing from their records. When you compare the ClubV1 playing record to the Clubhouse WHS portal, that seems to be the case. But when you compare the GolfBox Player Handicap Report, which Wales Golf currently use for full Member Handicap Reports, some rounds are missing from there also. I include 3 screenshots for my record. Notice the round played on 20/9/20, 1st Presidents Cup. That round is on my ClubV1 history, but not on my GolfBox Handicap Report. It looks like the data dump has been taken from GolfBox, and not ClubV1. If that is the case, the missing rounds will never be added. A quick look on the database and almost every player at my club has rounds missing.
Has the club notified whs.support@englandgolf.org