WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

Swango1980

Visit site
Any feedback on members getting the link to register and any problems with the activation code receiving/waiting for and not working would be appreciated.
After manually entering e-mail addresses for Committee members last night, they were able to register. Some had to wait an hour or 2 to get the activation code e-mailed to them, others straight in.

Also, got an e-mail from the Seniors Competition Secretary tonight. He said he was struggling to get into Club V1 as it kept freezing. Then, when he was in the log in screen, there was a message saying Clubs can now access the WHS Compatible version of Club V1. Anybody tried this, and do you think it could now be used to set up comps after 2nd November?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
After manually entering e-mail addresses for Committee members last night, they were able to register. Some had to wait an hour or 2 to get the activation code e-mailed to them, others straight in.

Also, got an e-mail from the Seniors Competition Secretary tonight. He said he was struggling to get into Club V1 as it kept freezing. Then, when he was in the log in screen, there was a message saying Clubs can now access the WHS Compatible version of Club V1. Anybody tried this, and do you think it could now be used to set up comps after 2nd November?
Thanks. I have been in the beta version yesterday and I would stay clear of entering anything until 2 Nov as there is very little data in their including courses with slope. I presume some fill in the info on the original V1 ready for data transfer?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

?

We had this issue, our Handicap Secretary didnt get the activation code for several hours....I'm guessing that the system was well overloaded with registration attempts.

My concern is what happens on the first Saturday/Sunday when clubs have competitions and they all try to report their scores at midnight back to the WHS....I've a feeling we may see some issues (or at least wake up to some issues!!)

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
My concern is what happens on the first Saturday/Sunday when clubs have competitions and they all try to report their scores at midnight back to the WHS....I've a feeling we may see some issues (or at least wake up to some issues!!)

I bought this up with those at EG working on the WHS 2 years ago and they assured the assembled masses that they would have the capacity. Yesterday has given me doubts.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Handicapmaster has now resolved the issue with WHS, updated their software, and the DOBs and email addresses of my members are now on the WHS Portal.

Interesting...I just tried to use the new feature in HM where you can "force send" the personal data and it hasnt worked.

Scrub that...my bad....we use the cloud edition and I mentally assumed that the software update would have been automatically applied....but of course we still have to run a front end client on a local PC...and it was that that needed updating. Works fine.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Then, when he was in the log in screen, there was a message saying Clubs can now access the WHS Compatible version of Club V1. Anybody tried this, and do you think it could now be used to set up comps after 2nd November?
I had a look and it was pretty much the same as the previous version with a few different fields. Our competitions people looked at the templates and didn't see any problems loading the winter stuff up when live.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Any feedback on members getting the link to register and any problems with the activation code receiving/waiting for and not working would be appreciated.
Most people seem to be able to get in eventually. I can tell this by the number of people saying their HI is wrong as their October scores are missing! :mad:

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
1. Can someone tell me where you can see DOB data on any of the reports on the dashboard, after all the fuss I'm not sure how relevant they were.

2. Setting up 9 hole courses for Q. Do we still go through EG for a Slope and CR or have I missed something in the WHS procedure's doc.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Several of my members have reported that their DOBs were wrong by one day. Had a quick look and it is pretty random. About half were one day different to the correct ones transferred by our ISV.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
1. Can someone tell me where you can see DOB data on any of the reports on the dashboard, after all the fuss I'm not sure how relevant they were.

2. Setting up 9 hole courses for Q. Do we still go through EG for a Slope and CR or have I missed something in the WHS procedure's doc.
We did but I think each 9 is assessed so you could setup on the 9 hole course on your club software and the EG Platform to allow it to be chosen in a comp.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site

Your club will have been advised of the front and back 9 hole info for every rated set of tees. They were assigned automatically from the 18 hole rating data
But see here
https://www.randa.org/chc-lookup

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
It appears to me that there is no requirement for clubs to send players dates of birth to the WHS system...it doesn't actually stop anything from happening in terms of registration.

Players are seemingly able to register on the WHS without it knowing in advance their date of birth....as part of the registration process, players are asked for their date of birth. This means that a club could choose not to send dates of birth, but allow players their own choice as to whether they provide their real date of birth when registering, or an alternative or dummy date of birth. I guess the only issue with players providing an alternative DoB would come if ever the system was used to verify a players eligibility for a competition that has "age categories"....but then I guess you don't have to go as extreme as making yourself 20 years younger...only neds to be a couple of days out.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Your club will have been advised of the front and back 9 hole info for every rated set of tees. They were assigned automatically from the 18 hole rating data
But see here
https://www.randa.org/chc-lookup
Thanks for that, I presume under the WHS there is no need for a separate index for 9 hole comps unlike the separate HCs used previously?