WHS & ISV Issues (Please post only if you are a handicap secretary or involved in admin at your club)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I'm beginning to think this is one of the problems. The transition software has to find a course. As the CDH hasn't got name to match it has to try something else and SSS probably seemed a good idea. If it still can't find a match what does it do? Another of these 'What if?' conditions not anticipated by the specifiers.
But doesn't answer the issue of all scores being allocated to the wrong tees.

When the data is finalised this weekend...will the WHS still take the data from the CDH?...or would they take the data from the ISV packages directly? I'm guessing that the format of the data structure for a players handicap record/scoring history has to be a defined common format across all ISV's so they could take it directly (as they will have to do post November 2nd). Might be easier to identify the courses actually played from if that were the case.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
That must be the problem then. I guess the owners phone call was a waste of time then. If only they just told him to use the automated system. Mind you, it would not be unlike him to completely miss that point if it was made.

So, if clubs have never given permission, what happens on 2nd November? Will they send it all through anyway, or do we still need to ask?

While your at it you best check that the club admin have added CR and Slope to the various course set ups on the system.

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
When the data is finalised this weekend...will the WHS still take the data from the CDH?...or would they take the data from the ISV packages directly? I'm guessing that the format of the data structure for a players handicap record/scoring history has to be a defined common format across all ISV's so they could take it directly (as they will have to do post November 2nd). Might be easier to identify the courses actually played from if that were the case.
No. The data is taken from the CDH. It wouldn't help much anyway. The names on the ISV file may not correspond exactly with the name in Course data in the EG Ratings file. The ISV files do not have any slope information. Further they would have to rewrite the transition software completely to take the new files and the ISVs would have to write new software to upload the data. Further again, the ISV systems have no mandated requirement to hold data back to 2018.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
No. The data is taken from the CDH. It wouldn't help much anyway. The names on the ISV file may not correspond exactly with the name in Course data in the EG Ratings file. The ISV files do not have any slope information. Further they would have to rewrite the transition software completely to take the new files and the ISVs would have to write new software to upload the data. Further again, the ISV systems have no mandated requirement to hold data back to 2018.

That's fair enough but one thing....aren't the ISV's are going to have to rewrite the software so that future post Nov 2nd rounds get uploaded to the WHS anyway? Also the ISV files may not have slope information but they do have an accurate record of what course the round was played over...simple merging of the two sets of data to create a WHS score isn't (sorry....shouldn't be!!!) difficult.

Didn't know that they weren't mandated to hold data back until 2018....we've got records going back 10 years on our ISV platform and thought that most systems would be the same.

Ahh welll....it is what it is and I only hope that in fixing some of the existing issues (assuming they do fix them) they don't create a whole new raft of issues. Looking at our clubs data, with the exception of initial cards for handicap not being accounted for and a couple of comps wrongly interpreted to have been played off the yellow tees...I cant actually see any other issues!!!

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's fair enough but one thing....aren't the ISV's are going to have to rewrite the software so that future post Nov 2nd rounds get uploaded to the WHS anyway? Also the ISV files may not have slope information but they do have an accurate record of what course the round was played over...simple merging of the two sets of data to create a WHS score isn't (sorry....shouldn't be!!!) difficult.

Didn't know that they weren't mandated to hold data back until 2018....we've got records going back 10 years on our ISV platform and thought that most systems would be the same.

Ahh welll....it is what it is and I only hope that in fixing some of the existing issues (assuming they do fix them) they don't create a whole new raft of issues. Looking at our clubs data, with the exception of initial cards for handicap not being accounted for and a couple of comps wrongly interpreted to have been played off the yellow tees...I cant actually see any other issues!!!
The new ISV software is only designed to transmit newly posted returns including hole by hole scores. Quite different to the data transmitted to the CDH. All the calculations are done in the WHS not in the ISV's system.

Clubs can delete historic data when they want. CONGU used to require physical cards to be kept for two years but I don't know if or when that stopped. With the introduction of the CDH I guess.

Swango1980

Visit site
So, I phoned Club Systems. Despite our owner verbally authorising transfer of emails, they said that their was a pop up that appeared, and our staff must have selected opt out. I don't get to see this as handicap sec, as I am not an administrator. So, all happened without my knowledge. Have asked for them to send pop up again, but no they have no idea when they will resend this data.

So, in meantime I will start manually entering details for all 251 members, as I'm getting more and more hassle with frustrated and angry golfers. That is my evenings gone for the rest of the week. And next week I have the Review to look forward to

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The upload happened for our data in the last couple of days from Club V1 to the EG Platform.

Having sorted out the platform data to be correct I was annoyed to see the upload had generated 30+ records in the platform of members how had left or resigned so we were back to square 1.1!.

Another couple of hours spent updating the platform to get back to the place we were before the update. This is getting really old!

I hope the final transition on Sunday doesn't cause too many more problems as I am rapidly loosing the will to live.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The upload happened for our data in the last couple of days from Club V1 to the EG Platform.

Having sorted out the platform data to be correct I was annoyed to see the upload had generated 30+ records in the platform of members how had left or resigned so we were back to square 1.1!.

Another couple of hours spent updating the platform to get back to the place we were before the update. This is getting really old!

I hope the final transition on Sunday doesn't cause too many more problems as I am rapidly loosing the will to live.

Similar issues but now have decided that I’m leaving it all alone until after 2 Nov and have agreed with the sections a no qualifier policy until everyone is happy (who needs to be happy- the handicap committee) other than registering members who have no email address/access to broadband.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have spotted a problem that I thought might occur.

Our 18 hole course has two pars and two SSSs for a standard and a short (bad weather) course.

They have been allocated different course and slope ratings.

All of my scores have been set for the WHS using the the standard courseand sloe rating despite quite a few last winter being played on the short course.

This may be down to the fact that we call the short course exactly that but the database has called it 'alternate course'.

Does any body now if there is going to be a retrospective change to the scores for CSS as this will correct the problem?

Or will we have to manually correct the scores to the correct course?

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just what data was that?
I believe email address and Dob mainly but there was obviously some sort of reconciliation and where the person as not found on the EG Platform (I assume using CDH# ) an additional record was generated. I assume there was something in the extraction which pulled members no longer visible on the Club V1 system.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I believe email address and Dob mainly but there was obviously some sort of reconciliation and where the person as not found on the EG Platform (I assume using CDH# ) an additional record was generated. I assume there was something in the extraction which pulled members no longer visible on the Club V1 system.

On the V1 notices

We are aware that hidden members (resigned and deceased etc.) are appearing on the WHS platform. However, we have only uploaded records that WHS have given us information for, which means that these hidden members already existed in the CDH. Our Development Team are currently investigating the possibility of hiding members in hidden categories from the WHS platform.

Swango1980

Visit site
Here is an interesting question, I think.

I am currently starting the arduous process of manually entering member e-mail addresses. I noticed I can do this for Away members. And then I randomly tried to search for a member who left years ago, and I can edit his details as well. I know this guy is not on our Club V1, and on the CDH database his only Club referenced is his current club, not ours. Should I really be able to edit the details of players at other clubs? That seems really dodgy.

Swango1980

Visit site
Just after midnight, and finally entered the e-mail addresses for all members, and their dates of birth. Started at 5pm and stopped for about 30 mins for dinner. If they somehow get erased, I will cry.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just after midnight, and finally entered the e-mail addresses for all members, and their dates of birth. Started at 5pm and stopped for about 30 mins for dinner. If they somehow get erased, I will cry.

I admire your stamina but you have taken the whole GDPR argument (if there is one) to a new level unless you members are ok with this and the club have proof, you have moved the responsibility to you and not the club. I wonder what will happen when the club finally hit the accept button?

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
@mikejohnchapman from your post on another thread

The ESR under WHS is different and kicks in if you have a -7 Gross Differential (! shot) or -10 GD (2 Shots).

If you want to apply a recent adjustment to a handicap index you can do so on the individual members page of the EG Platform by selecting official adjustment. You can add a one or two shot adjustment which will have the effect of reducing all 20 rounds in the playing record by 1 or 2 shots. As more rounds are added these will not have the adjustment so the ESR flushes through.

Do you know what happens if you do that on the platform - does it feed back and fill at the ISV end or should this be done at the ISV end. Appreciate we are flying blind here without seeing the final ISV product but I don't fancy having to do dual entries on any of the detail required including when people change their email.