Which fairway woods have you found best off the deck?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 18121

I have a Mavrik 4 wood and it's a doddle off the tee or the deck..
Depends how cheap the OP wants to go...

I was thinking sub £100 as it's just an experiment. Although used golf clubs don't seem to lose money these days.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Hi all

As I'm always willing to tinker/try new things I've been thinking about picking up a cheap 4 wood from eBay and see what it can offer my game.

But which ones have you found best off the deck? I don't forsee me using it off the tee so much.

Cheers all

Adam
I bought these Confidence woods 1, 3 and 4 off ebay earlier this year together with a set of Maxfli Australian blade irons. It was £10.50 for 12 clubs.
I make that £1 for each iron and 50p per wood.
I really like the 4 wood - easy off the fairway or a decent lie in the rough and goes a good distance. The 4-wood is on the right as we look.

SDC11280.JPG

SDC11287.JPG

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Hot off the press of my other post about buying the wrong scorecard holder for my wife's trolley... just nipped over to American Golf in Bristol to return it, quick look at the 2nd hand shelf and there was a Ping G410 5 wood sat there. Great condition and £140. It is now in the back of the car for my game on Tuesday.

Last edited:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I’ve got a rogue 3 wood and it’s great.
Trying to get a 7 wood but getting a left handed one with an x flex shaft is proving to be a challenge

D

Deleted member 18121

Hot of the press of my other post about buying the wrong scorecard holder for my wife's trolley... just nipped over to American Golf in Bristol to return it, quick look at the 2nd hand shelf and there was a Ping G410 5 wood sat there. Great condition and £140. It is now in the back of the car for my game on Tuesday.

This leads me to another thought process... I have the g410 max driver and love it, best club in my bag. Are you the kind to match clubs in the bag or whatever works?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This leads me to another thought process... I have the g410 max driver and love it, best club in my bag. Are you the kind to match clubs in the bag or whatever works?

Just go with whatever works best, I have Ping Driver, Titleist fairways/hybrids and mizuno irons/ wedges.

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
2010 burner / burner super fast or v steels. That much so I’m trying to find a V steel as we speak. I just find the soles work well.
Still using the old Taylormade V steel 3/5/7's that were bought years ago-nice small heads and sit behind ball nicely, but, i do need to talk to them nicely and ask them to behave:whistle:.......Also use the 3 from the tee quite a bit(y)
Tried (and bought) Cobra 3&5 wood's this year but wound up going back-mainly because the Cobra's are a bit on the deaf side:rolleyes:

D

Deleted member 21445

For a 3 wood the answer is the Cobra Speedzone Fairway wood with the rails on the bottom.

mikejohnchapman

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I used to love my G10 3 wood as it was so easy to hit off the tee or off the deck. Finally changed it for a TM M4 which is just as good. I tried the M5 as well but all the adjustability seemed to alter the sweet spot which made it slightly harder to hit off the deck.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Best of all time I had and still regret getting rid of them were the Callaway Steelhead Plus. Lovely low profile, long (for me) and very forgiving. Can't believe it was around 2003 these came out, possibly earlier