Which fairway woods have you found best off the deck?

• Thread starter Deleted member 18121
  • Start date

Boomy

Visit site
I’m playing a few good links this year

I’ve just got a new high bounce SW….aim was to use it as my highest lofted wedge to free space at the top of my bag…and I was going to take out the bag my 60:06 Lob

On firm heathland and links turf, is low bounce ‘better’, and more picking the ball and less steep?

It’s down to your swing and angle of attack with the bounce on wedges, that and personal preference comes into it. I play low bounce wedges, I’ve always preferred the sharper edge but they also fit my swing as I’m more of a surface scuffer than divot digger.

sunshine

Visit site
Been inspired by this thread to change my 3 wood which hasnt really been working for me off the fairway for a number of years.

It's a titleist 915 FD 15 degree. Worked really well off the tee but I could never get the height to go into greens with it.

Replaced it with a older version 910 f 15 with a diamana ilima shaft. Supposedly a high launching shaft.

Wont get a chance to hit it for a while but its here and waiting now. :)

Have you tried the 915 head with the ilima shaft?

I used to have the 910Fd with a stiff ilima shaft. Always struggled with it off the fairway, but that's probably more to do with my steep swing than the club.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Have you tried the 915 head with the ilima shaft?

I used to have the 910Fd with a stiff ilima shaft. Always struggled with it off the fairway, but that's probably more to do with my steep swing than the club.

No I haven't. I nearly forgot to even hit that 910 last night. Was helping my friend who's just starting out. Only hit about 5 shots with the 910f.

Feels nice. Sits better behind the ball than the FD and gave a much higher flight than I'd normally see and that was just off the mat rather than teed up.