When it all starts to come together

Newtonuti

Visit site
After a bad few rounds with inconsistent strikes, and push fades galore, it seems my swing is FINALLY coming together. It all seems to of stemmed from a bad takeaway, hands quicker then the body! So after a lesson of sorting it into a one piece takeaway, then a bit of work at maintaining height during the down swing, my swing is feeling better then it ever has!

Now, I've got a full on swing meltdown booked in for next week when I play. Might hold a sweepstake on what demon might pop his head out that day!

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
"When it all starts to come together"

Spoiler alert : it never does ??

Welcome to amateur golf ?

Absolutely this. You might have a stretch of a few holes but it would be very unusual for it to continue for a full round.

Even my best ever round had a couple of stupid mistakes in.

In a way it’s a good thing. I think a part of the enjoyment would be gone if I’d had a game where everything worked together. As it stands I can still have it as a (highly unlikely) target.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Absolutely this. You might have a stretch of a few holes but it would be very unusual for it to continue for a full round.

Even my best ever round had a couple of stupid mistakes in.

In a way it’s a good thing. I think a part of the enjoyment would be gone if I’d had a game where everything worked together. As it stands I can still have it as a (highly unlikely) target.
I had it for a couple of months the year I first got down to single figures.

Every drive was a soft fairway finding draw, I hit a fade.

I could see the line of every putt, I can't read greens for toffee.

I qualified for everything, big chunk off here, big chunk off there. I got down to 7.6 and then the bubble burst. 0.1 back in every comp' for nigh on two years.

The joys of golf.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It's all good, I'm playing thursday so there'll be a "It didn't come together" topic!
Can’t wait to read the. My game has completely fallen apart topic ?.

Since my return I keep having moments where I think my ability to post a (for me) decent score. Then the golf gods let me know what’s what ?

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
After a bad few rounds with inconsistent strikes, and push fades galore, it seems my swing is FINALLY coming together. It all seems to of stemmed from a bad takeaway, hands quicker then the body! So after a lesson of sorting it into a one piece takeaway, then a bit of work at maintaining height during the down swing, my swing is feeling better then it ever has!

Now, I've got a full on swing meltdown booked in for next week when I play. Might hold a sweepstake on what demon might pop his head out that day!
Enjoy it while it lasts!:rolleyes:
Even if i does last, the handicap system gets you back by requiring you to continue to play better.
It's a never-ending masochistic struggle!:sick:

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
These are things of which we should never speak, for Sod and his law listen to our golf conversations and thoughts!

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
I've had one round in 40 years where it pretty much came together, and even then, I got off to a slow start - but that feeling when you stand over a drive and know you will hit it exactly where you want it, or know you will pure your irons, or see the perfect line for a 12ft putt and drill it in - If you only experience it once in your life - that's enough.

Newtonuti

Visit site
I've had one round in 40 years where it pretty much came together, and even then, I got off to a slow start - but that feeling when you stand over a drive and know you will hit it exactly where you want it, or know you will pure your irons, or see the perfect line for a 12ft putt and drill it in - If you only experience it once in your life - that's enough.
That once a round feeling of hitting a crisp wedge, smashing a drive, sinking a long putt or hitting a baby draw with you 7 iron are all why we keep coming back. Spend the entire round pi**ed off with your game, then smash your drive or hit it to 6 ft on the 18th, and you're BACK IN THE GAME!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
My recent good run appears to be over. Hit some lovely stuff in practice on Saturday and rocked up for my match and played poorly. Same in the comp on Sunday and my partner and I didn't set the world alight yesterday but found a way to get it round ugly as a better ball.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
That once a round feeling of hitting a crisp wedge, smashing a drive, sinking a long putt or hitting a baby draw with you 7 iron are all why we keep coming back. Spend the entire round pi**ed off with your game, then smash your drive or hit it to 6 ft on the 18th, and you're BACK IN THE GAME!

I smashed a drive last week, about as good as I've got, just trickled into the far end of a fairway bunker probably around 265 yards.
My 12 year old's drive was about 20 yards short of mine, and centre of the fairway. Now that's a great feeling. His was, in reality, the better tee shot - infact he was green side with his approach, whereas I had to lay up out of the and.
The day is approaching when I tell him to help himself to whatever he wants out of my bag ;-)