That’s it, I’m getting lessons!

Canary_Yellow

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thanks mate. Felt anything but positive with 29 points yesterday!

Swing thoughts vary but at the moment I’m trying just to look at a spot on the ball, and then tell myself when reach the top of my backswing. Not sure this is very helpful!

I definitely play like a high handicapper. Some shots are great, birdied the 4th and parred our SI 1 par 5 yesterday, but then I can destroy my round with 1 swing!

If it’s any consolation to you, I play off 12 and I’m not really any different.

I shot 90 at the weekend with 6 of those shots being lost balls (two in water, two lost off the tee with the driver). My golf was generally good but ruined through a few bad swings.

Focus on marginal gains, rather than expecting an over night revolution. Trust me, if you have lessons and practice the right things you absolutely will improve.

Also, I wouldn’t say 29 points really is that bad at this time of year ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
If it’s any consolation to you, I play off 12 and I’m not really any different.

I shot 90 at the weekend with 6 of those shots being lost balls (two in water, two lost off the tee with the driver). My golf was generally good but ruined through a few bad swings.

Focus on marginal gains, rather than expecting an over night revolution. Trust me, if you have lessons and practice the right things you absolutely will improve.

Also, I wouldn’t say 29 points really is that bad at this time of year ?

I always feel 30 points is a reasonable day out at this time of year. I agree that lessons and working on the right things and the drills will lead to progression. Lets not forget golf is not an easy game and we'll never beat it so I'll take progression and trying to get as low as I can