Technology and lessons

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
And you'd get more info, and a better coaching experience with tech...

That’s not what you said though. You said a coach who doesn’t use tech is a bad coach.

You could argue just as much that a bad coach with tech can just hide behind the numbers, but if he doesn’t know how to interpret them, or what to change in the swing to get the desired changes then the lesson will also be no good.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like all observational science, technology of better measurement has confirmed some theories correct and also a lot of them incorrect. We have all benefitted from the improved understanding of modern impact and ball flight that high speed camera and radar have shown.

Golf has attracted a lot of hokum a woo-science practitioners over the years. The less snake oil coaches there are in the industry the better, and we can thank modern tech for that IMO.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Aimpoint and not forgetting stack & tilt are great ways to over complicate a simple game… wouldn’t it be great to revive a good stack & tilt thread :unsure: ;)

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Aimpoint and not forgetting stack & tilt are great ways to over complicate a simple game… wouldn’t it be great to revive a good stack & tilt thread :unsure: ;)
We all use aimpoint. Even if you don’t know it.

But if you are going there. Any method of green reading beyond hitting your ball towards the hole is over complicating the game.

Hell, using more than two or 3 clubs is over complicating the game.

D

Deleted member 1147

What?
We all use aimpoint. Even if you don’t know it.

But if you are going there. Any method of green reading beyond hitting your ball towards the hole is over complicating the game.

Hell, using more than two or 3 clubs is over complicating the game.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Bob Torrance, Gavin Christie both coached before the use of tech, and both are legends of golf coaching.
One of the best golf lessons I ever had was before the introduction of technology. However, it took me weeks to implement it all into my game.

The same changes I needed are now easily explained with the addition of video and club/ball data.

The youth needed to tweak his swing recently as his club path was out by a few degrees, the coach can see the swing fault, but having the data there as a reference point is invaluable, when you’re trying to reduce the angle by 4 or 5 degrees, of a club travelling at upwards of 80mph.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
All of it
I’ve never stuck a finger in the air to read a putt, so I haven’t used aim point.
More than 3 clubs and you’re over complicating the game.

It’s just Backsticks level cobblers
We all feel slopes on the green through our feet which gives us information on which way a putt will move.

Thats aimpoint. We all use it whether you think you do or not.

D

Deleted member 1147

We all feel slopes on the green through our feet which gives us information on which way a putt will move.

Thats aimpoint. We all use it whether you think you do or not.
So standing on the green is now aimpoint?