When do you stop becoming a bandit ?

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played on Saturday in Stableford scored 48 pts other than a chip in for a birdie 2 and a putt from off the green for a birdie 4 it was all ordinary stuff, even managed a double bogey 5 on the shortest hole on the course, 41 out (6 over) 35 back (1 under) 76 less 17 = 59
Sounds all very bandit like but honestly it wasn't :smirk:

Gross 76 playing of 17 sure sounds like a bandit;)

Well played on a great round, your doing yourself a disservice saying except the birdies it was a ordinary round.;)

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not read all of it so I might be repeating something already said. But I hate the way the word bandit I thrown around. Having a good round doesn't mean your a bandit. A high handicapper that goes out and doesn't have any reloads, penalty shots or 3-putts can easily shoot a round well below his handicap. People having low rounds come into 1 of 3 categories IMO:

1) The player having the round if his life
2) A rapidly improving golfer that the system can't cut fast enough
3) The player who only ever plays big board comps and always does well in the knockout comps. Only ever plays enough comps to keep his handicap active and never puts any extra cards in to reduce his handicap. THIS IS A BANDIT!

You only a bandit if you are number 3 and will only stop being one when you move into category 1 or 2.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Strange thing is when I won that captains day job in my first ever comp I never heard anyone mutter bandit, I was genuinely gutted for the runner up who smashed the course to bits playing off 6 only to finish r up.
i was more interested in finding how much my hcap was being dropped than winning £50 in club shop vouchers.
best thing was by the time I had donated a pack of twelve pro V1xs to the raffle. Paid twenty quid to enter the comp, bought a tenners worth of raffle tickets and five quids worth of cake off the ladies 😜I must of been the first bandit to be out of pocket 😳

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
So when do you stop becoming a bandit ? and just a player who had a good round.

When 8 out of 10 rounds are worse than your h/cap and you have to play really well (and be pleased with) a score that is 1 or 2 shots less than your h/cap, over the moon if you ever get to 40pts.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I love these guys who justify their higher (than should be) handicaps by saying "I'm ok when I play in bounce games with my mates, but I just go to pieces when I get a score card in my hand"....
What the hell did they write their scores on when playing bounce games, the back of their hands???
There is absolutely nothing stopping them approaching their secretary, admitting that they are regularly shooting the lights out and playing well below their handicaps and handing these bounce game cards in for handicap consideration.
It's called "honesty".
When I was a Crowborough Beacon and desperate to get my handicap down I handed almost every single card in to my secretary, whether it was at my home club or not.
My game was improving rapidly and I was being called a "bandit" by mates, and this label was aimed at me in a few society/corporate events I entered. It annoyed me. The only honest thing to do was take these cards away with me and hand them in.
Whether every single one was taken into consideration I don't know. But as I say, my handicap tumbled over the course of about two years.
And I felt a lot better by handing them in than just throwing them in the bin when I got home.