When did you last play?

Barking_Mad

Visit site
Just worked out that since June (when I start paying each year) it's cost me approximately £50 a round for my membership. 💷😭

bens1247

Visit site
You must be on a links course? Even ones up here have been closed at times this winter. Only 2 days closed, you have done ever so well 👍

I spoke too soon, it has been closed again yesterday and today!

It’s not a links course, Paultons in Hampshire. I think it’s a good thing it’s rarely closed but others say it should be closed more to protect it. I’m not sure who’s right, but as long as I can swing a club I don’t care too much. 😃

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
Just worked out that since June (when I start paying each year) it's cost me approximately £50 a round for my membership. 💷😭

I'm probably around the same price per round when broken down.

We've got 13 holes fully open today, and the other 5 are playing as par 3's to keep traffic off the fairways - so I'm heading up for a knock later.

Mandofred

Visit site
My close course is closed and will be tomorrow. I got a "maybe" for Monday. My 2nd course is open today carry only, heading that way in the morning for my first round since late November?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Played 9½ earlier, first time at my home course since October! As expected it was very very wet and I was very very rusty. Not particularly muddy though which is good.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This afternoon.
Hit the ball very well.
Had to clean my ball on every shot.
Course is wet but not as bad as I feared.

Greens are very soft and putting is a waste of time really.

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
All 18 open & a good turnout for the Stableford won with 40pts... I managed 39pts with 2 blobs.
10 twos recorded..... greens have been hand-cut twice this week so are rolling well. There are some very, very wet areas still but not enough to close the course while nearby Scarcroft was shut.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Course was still closed today. Planning to play tomorrow morning but not holding my breath. Will probably ring round and try and find a place that's open if ours isn't.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I played on Thursday and managed eight muddy holes before we dived for cover in the clubhouse as the rain started, and continued all afternoon and into the evening.
I was working at Amberley on Friday and had to navigate three flooded roads.

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
Finally hoping to play tomorrow. 14 holes opened today. Haven't played since 22nd December, although there have been days when it has been open, just not when i could play.....and that's on a links course!

Trouble this year, for the first time since I have been a member, is that the ground water is so high that even when it drains, a little more rain raises it again and makes it unplayable. In previous years it would drain enough to be able to cope with even quite heavy rain a few days later.