When did you last play?

BL8Ricky

Visit site
Similar with our patio, as soon as it rains it’s starting to puddle in a few places. It’s rained that much over the last few months, that it’s gone green and I had to jet wash it clean, never had to do that before!
Exactly the same for me. Patio has never gone green before and now it looks like an extension to the grass!

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
Despite 24 hours of significant rainfall and localised flooding the likes of which I haven’t seen in years, we remain fully open, albeit carry only.

Bonkers.

We're even worse - today buggies were allowed on the front nine and "carry if you can"!
I carried on the front nine and have to say the course was better than I was expecting, didn't venture onto the back nine though, and it's chucking it down again tonight!

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I took the dogs out today to the farm down the road. It was the same there, saturated and flooded fields, and a bit further on I could look down into the valley and the swollen beck that runs through it.

All of that water on the top is draining down into the valley, and all that water in the valley is heading east towards the golf course, first stop 11 and 12. Fortunately, the rest of the course is higher and is also draining down to 11 and 12. If the forecast is correct, we could be playing by the weekend.
We have a large green-belt area next to our estate. We have lived here for over thirty years and have never seen so much flooding and mud until this year. A few weeks ago I commented to a friend that is was the worst it had ever been when we took our dog for a walk, but that was topped on Wednesday this week.

Hopefully the forecast for a bit of respite over the next two weeks will hold.

I've only played once since September.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yesterday was open with request…Trolleys permitted but carry bags massively preferred…pretty much says it. Waiting today’s update…and even if open doubt I’ll play.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
No idea when I'll play again. Shut today and not looking good for the comp tomorrow. Local range has introduced Trackman so may try and get a bucket or two instead but apparently rammed at the moment with golfers not playing over and above wanting to try the new software

Golfnut1957

Visit site
We have a large green-belt area next to our estate. We have lived here for over thirty years and have never seen so much flooding and mud until this year. A few weeks ago I commented to a friend that is was the worst it had ever been when we took our dog for a walk, but that was topped on Wednesday this week.

Hopefully the forecast for a bit of respite over the next two weeks will hold.

I've only played once since September.
We need one of these.

If we all muck in, we'll have a wall around the course in no time.

On a serious note, it puts closed golf courses into perspective.

bens1247

Visit site
5 days ago but playing again Sunday and will hopefully get to the range tomorrow!

Luckily, I've managed to play and practise at least twice a week during the winter and my course has only been closed twice.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
5 days ago but playing again Sunday and will hopefully get to the range tomorrow!

Luckily, I've managed to play and practise at least twice a week during the winter and my course has only been closed twice.
You must be on a links course? Even ones up here have been closed at times this winter. Only 2 days closed, you have done ever so well 👍

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
This morning. Course in decent nick although I still have doubts whether the back nine should be open.

Our 11th is a 550 yard par 5 and I was about 100 yards short in two, in the middle of the fairway. I couldn’t take relief from standing water anywhere within 50 yards. At least three other fairways on the back nine were similar.

That said, the fact that we are carry only means that many aren’t venturing onto the back, meaning that it does remain reasonably well protected. So, whilst it is wetter than I have ever seen it, I have experienced it in far worse condition.

I doubt it can cope with any more rainfall, though.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I drove past my golf club last night and even the road outside it was flooded. Had to crawl through it in my Fiesta, it was a few inches deep. Can't imagine what the course is like!

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Decent conditions today for January in the West of Scotland. Few wet patches but mostly normal greens and blue skies.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
36 Seniors in a Bogey comp this morning with normal tees and greens and buggies allowed. Scores were good with a +5 and 2 +4s with another 7 at All Square or better. Sadly I finished on -3.