When did you last play?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tuesday 19th December, 7 muddy holes.

Last full round was 7th November at Bedlington as our place was closed. i think we have had 18 holes on for a handful of days since the end of October.

Supposed to be playing on Saturday, but it's been closed the last 3 days, so we shall see.
Our place still closed. Last two days haven't been too bad weatherwise. Am due to play Tuesday, and was hoping to get out myself tomorrow for a few holes. but it's piddling down now, so little or no chance of either happening.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Front nine only was open today! It was actually pretty playable. The back nine has some holes on lower parts of the land so I guess they hadn't dried out as well yet.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Winter foursomes tie this morning, freezing cold, a bit of a lottery, won on the 19th, no thanks to me

Hey, welcome back. First post for a little while, stick around, it can be ................................... interesting.

bens1247

Visit site
Played my front 9 twice today, the rest of the course was closed.

Didn’t play well and the course looks like it could do with a rest tbh. Good to get out, though, and with a week with no rain forecast I was looking forward to next weekend until my wife told me we are away seeing friends next weekend! 🤬

Ive definitely got it bad now, because friends who do not play golf do not make the cut as much anymore! 🤣

D-S

Visit site
Played 14 today (our ‘valley‘ was shut), surprisingly dry. We haven’t had a temp green so far this winter, which is a great recommendation for the Shelton drainage system on 130 year old greens.
We have been open more than any other parkland course in the area over the past couple of months - we won’t know whether this ‘relaxed’ policy was a good one until we see the recovery before the season starts. At the moment it’s still ok but too soggy to really enjoy.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Played yesterday albeit 14 holes only - carry only. Felt I swung it terribly but got it round well and had it not been for two silly three putts on 10 and 18 I'd have taken the money. Been working on a swing change this winter and when it works it is in a great place but still having to fight the old swing coming out

Albo

Visit site
Played 34 holes yesterday, on 2 different courses, both on temp greens due to the frost, the only mud in sight was frozen solid

Kilbey

Visit site
We were open again yesterday for the first time since xmas day. Managed to sneak a quick solo 6 holes in. Played like the fool I am, but it was great being back in the fresh air.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Or maybe the ropes have only just gone up.
Yeah, and this path on our course was put there after all the people who ‘need’ to use an electric trolley had played the hole.

IMG_6519.jpeg

Despite being asked to carry where possible or use a push trolley/lighter bag and stick to paths. People just don’t.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Surprisingly our place reopened today, 14 holes on, all temps.

Played the front 9, first game for 3 weeks, a mixture of the good, the bad and the downright horrible, but it was great to be back out. Course wasn't too bad, although 10-14 were worse than the front 9 according to the lads who played them.

D

Deleted member 21445

Not played since early November.

Course is saturated to a level that it is a pointless exercise and the weather has been awful.

Decided to spend the time in the gym getting fitter and stronger for next season.

Plan to get the sticks out again in Late Feb to try and get swinging for my week in Jupiter FL in early March.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played today.
Course has improved dramatically because we’ve had no rain for three days.
whole course has been verti drained.
greens hand cut and rolled, putted lovely.
Unfortunately I played woeful .
just defrosting with a cup of tea it was freezing.

Captain_Black.

Visit site
We are open, first time since Christmas.
I walked the dog this morning, the wind was howling & it was freezing.
Decided that golf would be a bad idea until I can at least feel my fingers on the club.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
The youth has just come in from school at ten to 4, and asked if I'd run him up to the golf club so he can practice with his mate.

Mentalists.
😂