When did you last play?

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Four holes yesterday afternoon. Four was plenty. Windy and cold…I wasn’t finding my company very enjoyable as I argued with myself why I was bothering 🙄

But I suppose it was a invigorating walk for an hour.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Playing today in West Aussie, going to be 33 Celsius and it's not rained in Perth for over 40 days, so please send any you can spare.
If you have any container ships going spare we can fill every one you send 👍. When filled, we would still have plenty left 😳.

Saying that, no doubt the SE of England will still have a hosepipe ban this summer 🤣

AussieKB

Visit site
If you have any container ships going spare we can fill every one you send 👍. When filled, we would still have plenty left 😳.

Saying that, no doubt the SE of England will still have a hosepipe ban this summer 🤣
Would love them.....shot 5 over today, finished bogey bogey, maybe drinking 10 bottles of full strength beer had something to do with that.

Have not told the wife......about to cook steak with salad.......opened a bottle of Pinot chilled.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Normally I play a lot over the winter still - this year that has almost ground to a halt!

Our course is always open, even if the rain pours so hard that the bridge crossings flood (all on front 9) - as soon as the water levels drop on that day the owners will reopen those holes.

Owners care about 1 thing and 1 thing only - pay to play money coming in. If they get 10+ people a day paying, they're happy with their decision.

What does this cause? A mess of a golf course. The place has never looked worse and the course desperately needs a rest but it wont get one.

I played twice over the xmas break, neither round being 18 holes because I simply avoided a few of the worst holes. Not enjoying it atm.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
Yesterday. 11 holes open, and I ended up 3 over, stupidly doubling the par 4 7 after driving to within 80 yards of the green.

The course is in remarkable condition, but then it would be if it has had no footfall. It was also quite dry and firm, following only two days without rain.

It left me wondering why it took so long to get us back on it.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Back to Blairgowrie today. Ground frozen, winter greens and tees. What a difference a day makes!
frozen gold has no appeal for me any longer when i could play 3 or 4 times during the week, i found it fun, but faced with it at the weekend after working during the week, i would rather go out mountain biking

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Just sent Slab a message in Mauritius, flippin eck it looks a bit brutal out there. Would imagine golf is the last thing on his mind.

Yeah a pretty bad one. Much of that video is local to my office so getting home yesterday was not straightforward

Expecting the curfew to be lifted in a few hours

Tee booked for the weekend and the course should be fine, likely it'll be open tomorrow but there's plenty of folk who've lost a lot in this cyclone so it's put in context