What's your favourite short par 4?

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
One that is still there is the 1st at Littlestone; driveable par 4 so a chance of a good start to the card, but whatever the score on that hole the knowledge that there’s another 17 holes of one of my favourite courses to follow is sufficient to make it a favourite. ?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
10th on the Brabazon is a cracker despite it being surrounded by some blandness.

I have happy memories Of hitting monster 2 iron to eagle territory then two putting for a cheeky birdie ha

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Oh OK I am going to go for the old 16th at Sunbury (now the 5th on the Academy course there) as I had my first hole-in-one there in February 1997. An albatross. Even made it into the pages of a well-known British golf magazine ....

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Yes, unless you knob it down into the ravine ?
Thankfully I only did that a handful of times. Thinning it across was the worst as the ball would just plug in the banking.

I’ve seen more than a few medal cards wrecked before a player has even made it to the first fairway.

D

Deleted member 1147

Probably the 16th at Carnoustie. Always stand on the tee thinking must make birdie but not easy to hit (and hold) the green and generally not easy to get up and down as there are some gnarly spots around that green! Have probably had as many bogeys as birdies there.
Thought that was a par 3

D

Deleted member 1147

Not for everyone it isn’t.
Like the 17th at Ganton?
Edit: scratch that, it’s par 3 off all tees.
Thought the yellows were 4 when we played (off whites).

Last edited by a moderator:

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Honourable mention to the 10th on the Kernow course at St. Mellion. I love the hole but it’s a bit odd that it’s a par 4. About 220yds from the yellow tees, all downhill with a pond just short of the green, junk right and a big bank behind.

My favourite that I’ve played is the 9th (?) at Beau Desert. About 250yds but the green is so evil you’re better off having a go and taking your chances than laying up and playing 50-60yds uphill to it.