What's your favourite short par 4?

D

Deleted member 23270

Why what’s wrong with a driveable par 4?
Nothing but the R&A guidelines suggests up to 220 for a par 3 for ladies and 200+ for a par 4. Bearing in mind the run and tight lies even a fairly short hitting lady can probably putt for their 2nd shot. The hole is designed to be a tough par 3.

D

Deleted member 1147

Guys..... women play golf too you know!
I just assumed if they are par 4 length for men, they would be for women as well, assuming they are shorter than for the men.
Except there’s a par 3 for men at Seacroft (back 9, around hole 12) and the ladies tee was further back, and therefore a par 4.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I like the one at west hill just before the halfway hut (can't remember the number but don't think its 9), driven it both times I've played it, and walked off with a par both times too :eek::cry::cry:

D

Deleted member 1147

13 @ Ashbourne is a good drivable par 4, but it’s easy for big hitters, very difficult for shorter hitters

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I don't remember that being short????? Lost a ball on it. I'll go and have a look online......

It’s only 210 to the middle of the green. It does play longer if you play across to the fairway.
It’s not an easy shot by any measure. Although I thought it easier off the whites or new yellow than the old yellow tees.

2C0AA3B6-6674-462C-A1AF-806F47437AEB.jpeg

Once upon a time I had a putt for eagle on the first 3 holes. I made 3 birdies. We won’t go into the rest of the round ?

tsped83

Tour Winner
Visit site
It’s only 210 to the middle of the green. It does play longer if you play across to the fairway.
It’s not an easy shot by any measure. Although I thought it easier off the whites or new yellow than the old yellow tees.

View attachment 41183

Once upon a time I had a putt for eagle on the first 3 holes. I made 3 birdies. We won’t go into the rest of the round ?

It is a great opening hole for sure. Won a decent Bradford union foursomes trophy at Northcliffe a few years ago, fond memories. (My partner tee’d off on the 1st ?)

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll kick us off with the 12th at St Andrews which, in the right wind, can be hit. And you still might make 5 or 6.

12 is also one of my favourite holes but thinking about this further. The only two times I can recall driving the green on 12 is when the par3 11th is playing as a par5 nightmare in the opposing wind.

What about driving 18 on The Old, surely the most heroic finish to a round we can dream of? That would be nice but it is beyond me even in the wind. Maybe one day the weather gods will align with a bone dry and breezy July and I’ll chance a big bounce off Granny Clark’s or parked car…

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That I can recall...the 303yd 6th of Dunkeld and Birnam, not called Gully for nothing...with beautiful views over Dunkeld and the cathedral.