What pitch mark / divot tool do you use?

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
With regard to pitch marks not being repaired, I read somewhere that one of the main problems is people only look in the immediate vicinity of their ball, thinking they can stop the ball dead every time when in reality the ball always rolls on more than we think.

I’m not a sweary type on the course, but I can guarantee the air will be very blue whenever I arrive at a green and find a pitch mark within a few feet of the flag, which happens far too often. There’s absolutely no excuse for it.

I do agree that some do tend to limit their search to the immediate vicinity of their ball. What they should be doing is simply repairing any pitch mark they see, not just looking for their own.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm very fussy about my pitch mark repairer! Tines need to be long and thin/sharp enough to repair the mark easily and correctly. Plus a ball marker is handy. My favourite is one from St Enodoc. Lovely feel to it and lovely colours in the ball marker which slides into the handle end (hate magnetic ones that decide to glue on at the worst moment)!

Recently thought I'd lost it and contacted the shop to buy a new one. No response but then fortunately I found it in the bottom of my bag...

TigerBear

Visit site
Anyone use the asbri venom divot tool?

Comes in an array of national flags and only £7 on Amazon.

Looks the part!

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
That is a beautiful pitch mark repairer. My only concern is that because it is angled, it may encourage the levering up of the turf, rather than the pushing in from the sides

Tried yesterday, you can't push up with this tool, at least not easily, regardless of which way round you hold it. See vid below - apologies for the quality, not so easy trying to film and do it at the same time.

D

Deleted member 1147

I still have my 2 pronged Ping pitch mark repairer, provided by Ping/GM at their Play your best day ?

D

Deleted member 21258

Find this style the easiest to repair pitch marks with, have a few this style :-
$_57.jpg