How do you keep yourself motivated... Trough of disillusionment

V

vkurup

I think lot f the later posts from GB72, Birchy, PokerJ are similar to my predicament... There are several factors for me (and some of you)
1) Life, Career, Health getting in the way
2) Change of club and not getting the vibe or 'fitting' in
3) No practice, no game and therefore no swing at the moment
4) A weather that is suitable for ducks...

I agree, there is a need to remember/reset expectations and keep practicing. So this afternoon I was trawling the interweb and some of my blogs. Oh how I loved the game. I entered my name for some Mizzy fitting opportunity w/ someone else. Given family commitments, I think I will get my first game in the first week of Feb. Not expecting much from it - wont score it, just go out and swing, and try and finish the game with the same ball that I start it with. Probably in the summer, I will return to the old club, even though the new club has a better rated course.

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think lot f the later posts from GB72, Birchy, PokerJ are similar to my predicament... There are several factors for me (and some of you)
1) Life, Career, Health getting in the way
2) Change of club and not getting the vibe or 'fitting' in
3) No practice, no game and therefore no swing at the moment
4) A weather that is suitable for ducks...

I agree, there is a need to remember/reset expectations and keep practicing. So this afternoon I was trawling the interweb and some of my blogs. Oh how I loved the game. I entered my name for some Mizzy fitting opportunity w/ someone else. Given family commitments, I think I will get my first game in the first week of Feb. Not expecting much from it - wont score it, just go out and swing, and try and finish the game with the same ball that I start it with. Probably in the summer, I will return to the old club, even though the new club has a better rated course.

Sounds like you're aware of several factors affecting you. There's a lot more to a club than it's course, and there's a lot more to the game than your score.

You'll be back. If you loved it that much, you'll be back.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is surely normal thing, As a good consultant, we do have a graph that explains it..
View attachment 18168

Yup, it happens to me on nearly everything. Its good to know about it so you don't get stuck in the trough.

I can get very passionate about things, often my peak lasts longer than others but I take longer to reach the plateau if I don't think about it.

Tiger

Money List Winner
rub-of-the-green.blogspot.com
Seven and a half years ago I went to bed. I was feeling great. Things were going well at work and in a month's time our first child was due to be born. When I woke up in the morning I had no sensation from the neck down. That lasted for a month and I subsequently got diagnosed with MS. There was a point where my heavily pregnant Mrs who was caring for me could go into labour and I'd have been next to useless. I had ongoing anxiety about my prognosis and whether I'd have difficulty keeping my job. Sport has always been a massive part of my life and I lost the ability to play most of it. At 29 I had to give up football, squash, cricket and running. I never knew if I'd even be able to have a kickabout with my son. That my friend is a trough ;)

Life is much to short to fret about what, at the end of the day, is a pastime. None of us play for a living so if you don't like it at the moment do something else for a while. But let's not lament there's so much more we should be worried about!