What Ball do you play with , why and how do you mark them

JCW

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
So what golf ball do you use when you play a round of golf , be it summer , winter , comps or not , myself i use the Titliest Pro V 1 ( Black Numbers ) , love the feel of the ball off the putter and the control it gives me into and around the greens plus it also does not lack length , in very windy conditions i revert to the Pro V 1x now and again if i have one in my bag , bit harder and spins less ........I mark my golf ball for play with 3 black dots next to the numbers on both sides ...................whats your choice ??:cool:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Srixon Z Star XV, best value premium ball imo and works for me, that said I dont mind using other premium balls (and in winter a NXT or AD333 type ball if wet)

Mark it with a red circle round the number and a straight red line down the side, always have dont know why

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Penta TP5 or Burner TP, 2 x black stars above the TM name. sometimes use a black ring round the ball if my putting has been off..

AMcC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have just bought some Wilson staff dx3 balls to replenish my stock. Mark them with 4 dots, two above and below the the number and writing.

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
Ball: Titleist Pro V1
Why: Best greenside control I've found:
Markings: Like this

temporary-112.jpg

Twire

Global Moderator
Visit site
I have been playing with Titleist Velocity this season but they are a little hard, so I'm swapping over to Penta TP3's, I find they play like the old TP red's. I always mark my ball with an asterix next to the number, and the colour, depends what comes out of the bag first.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Premium ball in the Spring, Summer and Autumn - almost any except Nike..
Play almost anything in Winter.
Normal mark is a coloured-in dimple to the right and above the manufacturer's name..

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I play either Wilson Staff Dx3 Softs, Callaway Tour iZ or Callaway Hex Black (when I can get them cheap!). I mark them by drawing a circle around the numbers.

I must confess to really liking Gareth's method - looks cool!

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Dunlop NZ9s, why, because sports direct did them for a silly price so I stocked up as I need plenty. I've been given a dozen Pro V1s, bu they are staying in the shed until I can get round without losing too many per round!

D

Deleted Member 1156

Penta for me, big black blob over the number so I don't have to remember what number ball I'm playing.

Rory copies me!!

Carbon

Club Champion
Visit site
Pinnicle Gold white balls.

60 balls for £15 i wasnt going to argue!

3 dots on the top like a little bowling ball.

Last edited:

Robobum

Money List Winner
Visit site
Extend the prov line to cover 1/2 the ball for lining up - and write ROBO on the blank space on the opposite side to the pro v stamp