What Ball do you play with , why and how do you mark them

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I play Titleist Prov 1x marked with two orange dots and a thistle, so if you have, or do find one, please PM me and I'll give you my address so you can return it to me. Thanks.

P1030646_zps898b4cb2.jpg

D

Deleted Member 1156

I play Titleist Prov 1x marked with two orange dots and a thistle, so if you have, or do find one, please PM me and I'll give you my address so you can return it to me. Thanks.

P1030646_zps898b4cb2.jpg

This gets my vote as the best marking yet!! :thup:

Jon321

Tour Rookie
Visit site

P1030646_zps898b4cb2.jpg

Impressive. Hope you don't lose many. That must take a while to do.

I use NXT's or B330's. 3 dots just above the name.

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
pro v 1x for me, I put a blue line along the pro v arrow thing, and then on the other side of the ball I put what could be an M, E or 3 depending on how you look at it, as I have an Ellie, a Molly, and a Matthew, or the 3 for the three of them, or my day of birth :)

Tab373

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Summer I use a pro v1 and winter scrixon z star or pro v1. I mark it when I thin it or when it hits a tree and goes a yellowish colour. I'm tempted not to mark my balls any more as every one else does mine will be easy to spot

MadAdey

Money List Winner
Visit site
Switched mid season to the NXT Tour-S. Got some as I was at a pay and play course and needed some balls but they had no PRO v1 ot PENTA TP5. Really surprised me, not really lost any spin or control around the green but I have gained nearly a club of distance from them.

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Dx2 in the winter and Bridgstone e6 in the summer, chosen due to cost £10 and £20 a dozen respectively.

Marked using tin-cup ball marker with a star shape, mark one box at a time, each number has a red, blue or black star, so in theory I can use the same number ball as a provisional due to different coloured markings

BrizoH71

Tour Rookie
brianhealy.net
Currently playing with Taylormade Burner .. £11.99 a dozen in AG and a pretty decent ball for the money. I mark with a black dot above the 'B' and another below the 'R'

lee_leggett

Head Pro
Visit site
Bridgestone e5 in the summer, and the Bridgestone e6 in the winter. The e5 has the same cover as the pro v1 and is a softer compression so is a much easier ball to use all year round. It suits my swing speed perfectly. The e6 is much softer, I over compress it a little off the tee, but, find as a winter ball it's great, I increase my carry with low side spin. More fairways less rough (sometimes)

Last edited: