How do you deal with poor etiquette

stevelev

Journeyman Pro
www.ecclestonparkgolf.co.uk
Unfortunately he can't take advice from anyone once he gets into that sort of mood and if you mention it you're just looking to get both barrels.

If it was me I'd have the word next time I went to pick him up. I wouldnt let him in thr car, and I would let him know that I was really miffed last time. And that if he even starts again you will report him, you will leave him at the course. If he says he thinks your his mate put it on him and ask him how he would feel if it was you doing it, if he cant see sense leave him at home and give him time to think.

two-clubs

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Normally he sulks and whacks just because we are with other people, but because it was just with me he gave up. I couldn't believe it when he was mucking around wrecking the 12th green. I said do you mind not doing that when I'm waiting to play and he actually looked at me and laughed.

So he didn't give a toss about your game either?

You definitely need a new best mate.

fenwayrich

Assistant Pro
Visit site
He must be your best mate for a reason other than playing golf together! If my best mate treated me like that on the golf course, I think I would tell him 'I will see you down the pub, or at the match or wherever, but as for playing golf with you, unless you buck up your ideas, you can forget it pal.'

Scrindle

Head Pro
Visit site
I experienced something like this recently with my playing partner, who just walked off in a strop leaving me, and posted.

Tough one to call I think. Not in terms of his behaviour, which was reprehensible, but in terms of what your course of action should be. The desire not to fall out with a good friend versus the ruination of your enjoyment.

I would just have a frank word with him.

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I think I'm just going to get him a dummy, present it to him next time we play and say when you spit this one out I'm not playing with you again.

Just writing "I'm not playing with you again" makes me sound so childish, I'm trying not to come down to his level here.