What Category Are Your Bandits Hiding In?

• Thread starter Deleted member 16999
  • Start date

Which Category

• Cat 1 0-5

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Cat 2 6-12

Votes: 9 19.1%
  • Cat 3 13-20

Votes: 31 66.0%
  • Cat 4 21-28

Votes: 6 12.8%
  • Cat 5 29-36

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 16999

Does 41 points with 2 blobs off 20HC count ?

It wasn't in a comp, just the usual weekend friendly between myself, Kraxx and Hacker_Hughes

Hoping to keep some of this winter form for the start of the season.
No mate, you’re a saint for looking after them.;)

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I don't understand bandits, I don't care about winning anything, all I care about is being the best golfer I can possibly be and as far as I can see your handicap is the best gauge of how good a player you are.

Same way I see it. Play purely for handicap reductions. I don’t pay for lessons and practice for a pro shop voucher.
I do it for me. I do it for personal goals.
To cheat yourself and others is just wrong. And celebrating the fraudulent games are even worse.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Have been called a bandit relatively recently. Play off 13.4 and the last four comps of 2018 were two qualifiers and two BB non qualifiers. I managed to buffer both qualifiers but absolutely mullered both the BB's with scores of 49 and 51, the vast majority of both points being scored by myself. I was gutted it wasn't the other way round, would have been a great end to the season having played with a bad back all year.
I can accept the 'bandit' calling, but that's golf.

TreeSeeker

Assistant Pro
Visit site
self proclaimed bandit here. Playing off 24, my best scores are all in matches, most recently being 12 under hcap. Somehow a comp card just wreks my nerves.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
When I played at the weekend we was all sitting there having a chat when the question came up “are you going in the comp”.
2 people right in front of me said yes I want .1 back as a vet comp was coming up.
Makes my blood boil.

How they think one shot would make a difference is beyond me,as if they can turn their golf on willy nilly.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
not if its on a short winter course;)

The stroke index 2 par 4 I parred, as the winter tee must be nearly 150 yards closer to the pin. Once the season starts and we're off the whites, it'll be a damn good drive to clear the burn, then you'll have to lay up else you go into the burn in front of the green, par will then require a very good chip/pitch and a good putt. Come the season I'll be over the moon with a 5, but wouldn't complain with a 6.

There's another par 5 for which the tee has been moved closer the pin by at least 75 yards, again once the season starts it'll be a tough hole, more so if the prevailing wind is blowing, as it will be straight into your face.