Can you still have fun, playing with a ‘card in your hand’?

Can you have fun with a ‘card in your hand’?

• Yes - of course I can, I am a well adjusted human being

Votes: 58 93.5%
  • No - I take myself and my golf seriously as my handicap defines me as a person!

Votes: 4 6.5%

• Total voters

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
My most joyous memories are from serious competitive play.

I have more joyous memories from social golf, but the most joyous ones are from winning comps etc.

The bitterest disappointments and frustrations are from competitive play as well.

But if you can meet with triumph and disaster and treat those two imposters just the same...

...you'll have a lot of fun playing golf in all its forms and formats.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I can now that I have made the adjustment to rounding scores, gimmies, and not counting OBs and such. The yanks may have been right all along.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can now that I have made the adjustment to rounding scores, gimmies, and not counting OBs and such. The yanks may have been right all along.
You missed the music and coolers full of booze.
One nearly run me over once , lets say he would have failed the sobriety test.

Just can’t belive we are copying them.

D

Deleted member 35577

It's a poorly worded poll in my opinion, definitely trying to steer people towards 'Yes'

AussieKB

Visit site
I play 90-95% of my golf in competitions, and have fun every time, today it's a 2 person scramble and the beer will be flowing as will the banter and laughter, maybe it being 31C does help.

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
I can't vote on such a polarised question.

I could answer 'No' for a number of reasons other than stated in the op.

D

Deleted member 35504

FUN?
FUN!?

Anyone who has "fun" isn't trying hard enough 😡

A big fat NO from me 😉

RichA

Visit site
I try to have fun whenever I play golf.
At our place all singles comps are drawn. Only playing once or twice a week I'd rather know I'm playing at a time and with people of my choosing.
I definitely have less fun with a card in my hand, but it's nothing to do with the card itself. Although I generally play better golf.

Jasonr

Club Champion
Visit site
I carry my Ace of Spades everywhere I go. It does interfere a bit with my grip a bit and maybe dents my enjoyment a little...

Blend of both for me

Bobthesock

Visit site
I don't understand people who get stressed about club competitions, it's not like you are playing for the town hall clock.
I play more aggressively than normal in them. The thinking is if stuff comes off you have more chance of winning. If it doesn't your handicap goes up.