Welsh open

Gazzery

Club Champion
Visit site
Hi gang

Leaving for the 2010 course in ten min, sun shining brightly, cant wait to see the pros tackle the course, and pick up some tips for saturdays medal round hee hee

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Enjoy.
I remember going to watch the pro's take on East Sussex National a few years ago in the European Open.
Watched Gordon Brand tear up the course and as I had my clubs with me decided to go and emulate him around nearby Pildown GC with some mates that afternoon.
I played like Jo Brand

B

birdieman

Celtic Manor 2010 course looks fairly drab on tv anyway imo, like someone stuck some golf holes on farm fields. Just too much grass in view with not enough bigger trees and bushes or other defining features. :D

Anyone played it before? If so any good?

AliB

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We have been to CM a few times now - including yesterday when the wethaer was great - and I agree the course has v. little character. Most holes are open with little to differentiate them until you get to the last 4 (on the hillside) which at least have great views. Can't say I've seen many championship courses but would like to think most are better than this.

Still, looks like a good field so there should be some decent golf too be seen over the weekend.
Enjoy!

AliB

AuburnWarrior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Enjoy.
I remember going to watch the pro's take on East Sussex National a few years ago in the European Open.
Watched Gordon Brand tear up the course and as I had my clubs with me decided to go and emulate him around nearby Pildown GC with some mates that afternoon.
I played like Jo Brand

Funny you say that - you look a bit like her.... :D