The 150th Open

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't think 'we' ever went to the moon. Only Area 51.
For example, how was it a flag was blowing in the wind even if there's no weather on the moon?
I know. They took a wind machine with them in the small lander.

Dont be stupid!

Astronauts eat baked beans, baked beans provide wind, wind causes flags to flutter - it's not rocket science you know ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Not just the Open but all big events must come under scrutiny.
No longer can we change the subject regarding the carbon footprint of every one of us.
Simply, burning fossil fuels such as burning carbon in oxygen is going to have to stop right now.
That was stated a few years ago, but next to nothing has been done.
We are getting closer and closer to the limit for life to continue on the planet which is 47C.
A temperature recorded in Spain and a few days ago in Portugal.
There is no nearby planet capable of supporting life. There is no planet B.

Please show me on the doll where The Open hurt you ?

tobybarker

Visit site
I was actually wondering if he felt he was between clubs there, i.e. worried that driver would be too big. Otherwise it made no sense at all to hit 3 wood.
Surely a pro golfer ought to be able to hit an 80% driver to teach that green in those conditions...? It suprised me how few actually made it into the green all week

Last edited:

tobybarker

Visit site
Agreed. Cam Smith hit a couple that could have gone either way on Sunday but went in his favour. On Saturday he had a few that didn’t. They need a whole slice of luck to go with their considerable skill to win a golf tournament.
Sadly I think the balance is too far in favour of luck on this course.....I don't think of it as much of a spectacle, to be honest.

tobybarker

Visit site
For example, how was it a flag was blowing in the wind even if there's no weather on the moon?
Yet more drivel...I thought this was a golf forum

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Sadly I think the balance is too far in favour of luck on this course.....I don't think of it as much of a spectacle, to be honest.

Luck ???
The best player over 4 rounds wins the tournament.
These boys know where they need to hit it to give themselves the best opportunities, You were always going to need a red hot flat stick.
Cameron Smith did that best over 3 rounds ?

RRidges

Visit site
This document explains how, and in the video you can see them assembling it as per the document. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kionas...moon-and-what-it-means-today/?sh=371064cf6f9e
Funny that it was knocked over and the flag likely destroyed when the lunar module launched though!

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
['s QUOTE="RRidges, post: 2526398, member: 32060"]This document explains how, and in the video you can see them assembling it as per the document. https://www.forbes.com/sites/kionas...moon-and-what-it-means-today/?sh=371064cf6f9e
Funny that it was knocked over and the flag likely destroyed when the lunar module launched though![/QUOTE]

In the 1960's and with primitive computers the USA took just 6 years to land on the moon safely and get all 3 astronauts back safely.
There would be no guarantee of that even now.
Humans are myth makers.
It was a Cold War thing.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
That sticks out to me as a very strange thing to say.

Criticising someone’s mental frailty sounds like a football fans mentality.

And you think my comment was strange? Really?

Can I suggest you look up the word stereotype in the Oxford Dictionary and then try and avoid doing it? What has being a football fan got to do with having an opinion on a pro sportsman’s mental frailty?