How much for a visitor at your place?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
St Ives (Hunts)

£30 Weekday
£40 Weekend
£23 with a member

We are priced in the middle ground for the area.

The Lion

Visit site
No difference between winter / summer rate.

County card is £75 but only available mon-thurs after 12pm winter and 3pm summer

Thanks for the info. These fees are crazy tbh, as it’s hard to imagine any visitors paying that in winter. Would you know if they previously had a winter rate?

It feels like shades of Burnham & Berrow, where they cut the winter rates, leaving the £130 rack rate as the only fee. The tee looks empty after midday.

Just makes me sad that clubs are pricing so many people out of the sport if I’m honest.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I dunno that its worth a separate thread but just looked up the visitor green fee for this weekends game €175, scary enough on its own... but just seen that no-shows are charged €100 as cancelation fee!

Ouch :eek:

Luckily i'm on guest rate

D

Deleted member 15344

Thanks for the info. These fees are crazy tbh, as it’s hard to imagine any visitors paying that in winter. Would you know if they previously had a winter rate?

It feels like shades of Burnham & Berrow, where they cut the winter rates, leaving the £130 rack rate as the only fee. The tee looks empty after midday.

Just makes me sad that clubs are pricing so many people out of the sport if I’m honest.

This tag line can’t be trotted out everytime a green fee is deemed too much for some

No one is being “priced” out of the sport

As with anything in life if you want to own or use or play on the better things then you need to pay a bit more

A lot of these clubs that charge higher fees do so to help run the club to the high standard that they want to be

There are always courses available for any price bracket that someone has

But it seems that people these days want the better courses to fall into their price brackets

Shooter McPowick

Head Pro
Visit site

I’ve only been a member for 18 months, I’m sure the pricing was in the same format just a little bit cheaper…. Think it was £125/£140 before.

Following a consultation by Mackenzie Ebert there has been hundreds of thousands of pounds invested in the course in recent years including the complete refurbishment, redesign and new drainage to every single bunker in the course. 2019 saw the complete redevelopment of the 15th hole and 16th tees. 2020/21 the complete redesign of the 8th tees and green complex.

Visitor pricing is in line with other Surrey heathland course - actually fractionally cheaper. I believe it’s to deter people in winter as the course is just about fully booked every day of the week by members already.

When you consider the annual subs of 7 day membership well under £2k, for members, it’s a bargain! Only need to play 12 weekend rounds to get “value”.

YandaB

Visit site
No visitors at our place, but guests at the weekends cost £50 before 2PM and £40 afterwards, midweek it's £40/32.

SimonC

Head Pro
Visit site
Cavendish Golf Club, Buxton
£45/£55 midweek/weekend in the summer
£30/£35 in the winter

I believe it's a 50% discount when playing with a member

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
£190 for a visitor, Peak time. Cheaper If it shoulder season or twilight times.
Member guest is £15 for a single, rises slightly up to a 4 ball.
That's an insane reduction for member's guest! Where do you play and can I join you?! :D:D