H4H Farnham 29th Bunker Clinic

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I will close sign up for this single clinic at 13 we have, and have a chat with the head pro.

If we have a few more express an interest I will look to arrange a 2nd clinic a little later on.

Radbourne2010

Challenge Tour Pro
www.mmksolutions.co.uk
The club has rebuilt all our bunkers to have very steep and often deep revetted bunker faces and surrounds. They can be a challenge. See the photo below of the green side bunker on the 5th…btw it’s the sun and not under-rim lighting…🙄

I have organised with the pros that one of them will run one or two bunker clinics for us prior to going out - giving tips and advice on how to play from the sand in different scenarios. They run these for the members on a fairly regular basis.

The clinics are usually about 45mins, with a maximum of ten at each clinic - gives everyone a chance to get into one of the practice bunkers…and try and get out. The practice bunker is on the practice chipping ground so plenty of opportunity for chipping practice if waiting your turn in the bunker.

The cost is £5 per person. Lunch is from 1pm and so I’m thinking maybe a clinic at 12:30 and if numbers merit then a second at 13:30. We can firm up times with the pro who will runs them. Please add name below if interested. I already have 4 signed up

1. Marty C
2. Alistair H
3. William C
4. Glen Z

View attachment 48812
Just back Eden Tournament at St. Andrews. Bunkers were Torturous. Gave me nightmares just looking at them 😳 Happy to get advice from your Pros. Lovely gesture from them 👏🏻

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Just back Eden Tournament at St. Andrews. Bunkers were Torturous. Gave me nightmares just looking at them 😳 Happy to get advice from your Pros. Lovely gesture from them 👏🏻
@Radbourne2010 … Do you want to sign up for the session…I’ll add you if you do.

Currently only one session being planned and that will start between 12 and 12:15pm so those on it can get back to clubhouse for lunch, though it’s only 5mins walk.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Did anyone record this lesson? Fine around Farnham only to struggle like mad since!
No, but to summarise:
Practice and work out the feel, how much weight you need and where, how much or little to shuffle your feet.
Learn where the bottom of the arc needs to be.
Play with opening the face a little to a lot.
Practice.
Smooth swing with not much rush to get back. That'll mean you rush to swing through and too much speed too early is a killer.

That's what I seem to remember anyway.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
No, but to summarise:
Practice and work out the feel, how much weight you need and where, how much or little to shuffle your feet.
Learn where the bottom of the arc needs to be.
Play with opening the face a little to a lot.
Practice.
Smooth swing with not much rush to get back. That'll mean you rush to swing through and too much speed too early is a killer.

That's what I seem to remember anyway.
Sounds like what he’d say, especially BIB - he really stresses to me that I need to understand where it will be for all clubs and stances. In fact these days I find myself almost focussing more on bottom of arc on all shots than the ball itself.

Last edited: