Watching Full Swing?

D

Deleted member 1147

Watched the 1st 3.

don't really have an opinion either way with Speith and Thomas - They're frat boys, old friends and like a bit of competition. Not necessarily my kind of people but can't really get offended either way.

Brooks has always come across as a bit of a douchebag and the episode with him doesn't change that really - as others have said, he seems to be depressed which is sad to see, so you do kind of feel a bit sorry for him.

Poults shows himself as a MASSIVE helmet, which isn't at all shocking. Looking forward to the episodes with Finau, Dahman, Fitz etc.

Overall I'm enjoying it as I love "behind the curtain" type documentary stuff - even if they're a bit scripted or not.

Then you're in the minority

Visit site
Personally found the Koepka one very interesting. I’d had the impression he was arrogant, doesn’t seem to care much, very full of himself. His actual problem is that he seems to care too much.

I didn’t find the JT/Spieth episode or the Poults episode particularly divisive, nor did I really think he came across that badly.

I think the way that they film these things is almost to do it in reverse. ie. Dahmen has a good US Open and they decide to focus on that, they then put together all the other Dahmen clips to turn it into a “journey” seemingly building up to the US Open. It’s very well done, it’s just a little dumbed down for the casual viewer which I guess is half the point.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
He needs to smell the roses, get some perspective. If not he could well spiral, deeper than he has already. It would be a great shame if he can't get past this. He doesn't look as though life's bringing him much happiness which to us as outsider's is crackers.
Goes back to what I always say about mental health issues not discriminating due to wealth or status.

RichA

Visit site
2 episodes in.
Speith and Thomas didn't really engage me. Even trying their hardest for the cameras they didn't exactly ooze personality.
Koepka's glass half empty attitude can't be helped every time he walks into his living room and looks at the massive, three quarters empty trophy cabinet that covers an entire wall. Maybe should have added a compartment at a time, following each win, or at least put a photo of his dog in the empty spaces.

sunshine

Visit site
Koepka's glass half empty attitude can't be helped every time he walks into his living room and looks at the massive, three quarters empty trophy cabinet that covers an entire wall. Maybe should have added a compartment at a time, following each win, or at least put a photo of his dog in the empty spaces.

The gaps in his trophy cabinet are nowhere near as big as the empty space in his girlfriend’s head. She just looked bewildered the whole episode.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Whoever did the sound mixing obviously doesn’t play golf. There are quite a few iron shots and at least one bunker shot where they have used a driver sound.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whoever did the sound mixing obviously doesn’t play golf. There are quite a few iron shots and at least one bunker shot where they have used a driver sound.

Ah yes, forgot about this. Amateurish really. Surely they have at least one golfer amongst the production team who would’ve spotted it?

HPIMG

Visit site
I watched 3 episodes yesterday and thought it was brilliant. I am Someone who doesn’t watch golf, I have watched a few bits but never really got into it, after watching full swing and feeling as if you get to know a little bit about the players it’s definitely got me starting to want to watch golf now.

Swango1980

Visit site
Now 5 episodes in, to carry on.

Episode 3 follows Poulter. I don't mind him, he is what he is. Gets upset when he loses (the changing room scene). His son has some set of hair.

Episode 4 follows Dahmen. Good episode, and good to see relationship between him and his caddy. He has had some bad moments in past, and he seems to have a good attitude, even though a bit more self belief could do him good.

Episode 5 follows Fitzpatrick. He really is quite dull (not in a nasty way), and not suprised he has thousands of sheets and spreadsheets documenting all his shots. Works very hard. Great to see behind the scenes during his Major win. There are quite a few US fans that are just trash.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Done Episode 5 now, really enjoying it, Dahmen, what a legend :ROFLMAO:

*dons tin hat*
Rory isn't in it a lot but to me he's coming across as a bit of an aloof knob, the uncomfortable silences when Rory, Rahm and Morikawa were at the table was excruciatingly superb lol.

Swango1980

Visit site
Done Episode 5 now, really enjoying it, Dahmen, what a legend :ROFLMAO:

*dons tin hat*
Rory isn't in it a lot but to me he's coming across as a bit of an aloof knob, the uncomfortable silences when Rory, Rahm and Morikawa were at the table was excruciatingly superb lol.
I like the way you come to that assessment after a 30 second clip :)

Not sure, but I read ahead a bit? I suspect he'll feature more in final episode? With his battle with Cameron Smith at Open.

evemccc

Visit site
Now 5 episodes in, to carry on.

Episode 3 follows Poulter. I don't mind him, he is what he is. Gets upset when he loses (the changing room scene). His son has some set of hair.

Episode 4 follows Dahmen. Good episode, and good to see relationship between him and his caddy. He has had some bad moments in past, and he seems to have a good attitude, even though a bit more self belief could do him good.

Episode 5 follows Fitzpatrick. He really is quite dull (not in a nasty way), and not suprised he has thousands of sheets and spreadsheets documenting all his shots. Works very hard. Great to see behind the scenes during his Major win. There are quite a few US fans that are just trash.

Not seen it yet but this is a good analysis of what I’ve heared and could imagine — though I probably dislike Poulter more than you seem to 🤣

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've just seen the Poulter episode. Not understanding the dislike to be honest. Came across better than I expected. His family seem very nice, kids keep him grounded. Is clearly struggling, understandably, with the decline in form that age brings but he wasn't spoilt about it. Good episode.

One question. How low down the pga food chain do you have to be before you catch regular flights and don't go by private jet?

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I've just seen the Poulter episode. Not understanding the dislike to be honest. Came across better than I expected. His family seem very nice, kids keep him grounded. Is clearly struggling, understandably, with the decline in form that age brings but he wasn't spoilt about it. Good episode.

One question. How low down the pga food chain do you have to be before you catch regular flights and don't go by private jet?

A few of them are sponsored by Netjets which must help. I think shiels asked Westwood and he said he only uses them for fairly short flights. Anything longer and he's slumming it in first I'd imagine.

My regular PP flew back from Saudi and was sat next to Marcus Armitage in business class. Said he was a top bloke and even offered him a lift home when their connecting flight from Heathrow to Manchester was cancelled!

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Finished the series this morning.

Finau and Dahmen were the stars of the show for me.

It was a bit dull overall considering how many hours of footage they said they shot and the goings on this year.

I can’t imagine it bringing too many new fans in.