Rickg Memorial Trophy 2020

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I was a little apprehensive to announce this for 2020 knowing of the forthcoming Scottish trip, but i'm hopeful that there are enough forumites that aren't going that will commit to playing on this great day of celebration, and there are those that may still like to attend anyway.

I was moving this away from my cub for this year, but my club offered me courtesy of the course again, so it would be silly not to accept and gain as much funds as possible towards Karen's (Ricks wife) charity.

It will however be the last time it is held at Coventry Golf Club, I have an excellent venue for 2021 (was penciled in for this year), but being offered courtesy of my course and with the Scottish trip and some other meets, I want that future venue, which will be announced on the day, to be a well attended huge success.

So, after 2 successful years since its inception, I am once again holding it at my Coventry Golf Club in aid of The British Heart Foundation.

The closest I could get the day to Ricks passing (August 17th) was Thursday 13th August, I am fully aware that it is usually easier to attach holiday days or take time off closer to the weekends, but my club, as with many others, has to find the balance in keeping the membership happy on what are deemed to be 'prime' days, as such Thursday is our Societies day.

The cost of the day will again only be £40.00, this is inclusive of food (bacon roll & coffee on arrival and a 2-course meal afterwards).

I think going out in 3-balls was very successful last year, and dependent on numbers attending, will dictate whether I have a shotgun start like last year or a 2-tee start.

Many of you knew Rick or knew of him from being the founder of our Help for Heroes Charity Day and being a stalwart and great character on this forum, so I hope you have enough time left to book a day off (or take a sickie) and join me in celebrating his life, and £40 isn't a huge amount of money to find for such a fun filled day with lots of prizes to be won and to play on my (Open Qualifying) course, whilst also remembering what the day is all about, raising funds for a very worthy cause (British Heart Foundation) whilst celebrating the life of our forum friend Rick Garg (Rickg).

This is an open invitation, forumites old & new are welcome, along with guests, so please support the day in anyway that you can.

A £20 'Donation' secures your place on the day, you are effectively not getting anything for this so you can add Gift Aid, which is very important in helping us to raise more funds for Karen's charity.

The remaining £20 will be paid in cash on the day, which mainly goes to my club for catering etc.

If you can't attend for any reason, then please show your support by making a donation, however small, it all helps towards my target.

I will be taking donations for sponsoring the 18 holes, Nearest the Pins, Longest Drives and any other fun antics we get up to, so please declare on here what you'd like your (separate to the £20 attendance) donation to go towards and NOT on the Just Giving site or they'll remove it and we'll loose it, please simply state 'donation' only, I'll know or find out who you are (see my the first donation).

Thank you, now it's over to you.....
Robin

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have always supported it one way or another but hope to make it this year in person but date clashes with the EngGolf Finals Week. If I make it through to the Seniors I'll be at Frilford Heath on this date. So put me in as a 'Provisional' & hope to bring a pal with me. Great work Robin!!

full_throttle

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fish
Crow (TBC)
Dando
Old Skier (will check out the men black
1xRTR Carl
1xRTR Warren
1xRTR Ron
1xRTR Lee
1xRTR Karl
Adasko
full_throttle
full_throttle guest 1
full_throttle guest 2

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Fish
Crow (TBC)
Dando
Old Skier (will check out the men black
1xRTR Carl
1xRTR Warren
1xRTR Ron
1xRTR Lee
1xRTR Karl
1xRTR Steve
1xRTR Chris K
Adasko
full_throttle
full_throttle guest 1
full_throttle guest 2
Upsidedown + 4 definite guests + 1 maybe guest

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I’m up for this, but I may be struggling for annual leave due to the Scotland trip and family holidays. It may be a few months before I can give a definitive yes or no.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Fish
Crow (TBC)
Dando
Old Skier
1xRTR Carl
1xRTR Warren
1xRTR Ron
1xRTR Lee
1xRTR Karl