Rickg Memorial Trophy 2020

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm going to be considering the options of postponing this over the weekend.

Even though it's not scheduled until August, with less than half of the donations in to play, and with further restrictions still to come, I think people are going to find the expense of travelling to meets when they've been off work for a month or more, plus companies finding it tough to support the prize table, I really don't want it to be a damp squid.

The day is all about celebrating someones life and their involvement on this forum and extracting as much of your hard earned as possible for Karen's chosen charity, as such I don't want it to be a struggle to put together with numbers dropping and little or no sponsorship's....

I will make a formal announcement in the coming days.
Appreciate the problems and your reasoning, majority of my bods will most probably still be willing to take part no matter what the numbers.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
With Forest Pines cancelled, and no doubt a few personal golf trips and meets many were supposed to be golfing at over the lockdown, please feel free to add your names to the Rickg Memorial Trophy Day, where a good day of golf can be enjoyed on a great course that is currently looking stunning.

Everyone is welcome?

D

Deleted member 1740

With Forest Pines cancelled, and no doubt a few personal golf trips and meets many were supposed to be golfing at over the lockdown, please feel free to add your names to the Rickg Memorial Trophy Day, where a good day of golf can be enjoyed on a great course that is currently looking stunning.

Everyone is welcome?

Will the buffet be in the car Park in the event of clubhouses being closed due to social distancing? ??

Fish

Banned
Visit site
1/ Fish *
2/ Crow (TBC)
3/ Dando
4/ Old Skier*
5/ 1xRTR Carl
6/ 1xRTR Warren *
7/ 1xRTR Ron *
8/ 1xRTR Lee *
9/ 1xRTR Karl *
10/ 1xRTR Steve *
11/ 1xRTR Chris K
12/ Adasko
13/ Adasko + 1
14/ full_throttle *
15/ full_throttle guest 1
16/ full_throttle guest 2
17/ Upsidedown
18/ Upsidedown +1
19/ Upsidedown +2
20/ Upsidedown +3
21/ Upsidedown +4
22/ Upsidedown +5 (TBC)
23/ GG26 (TBC)
24/ IanM (TBC)
25/ Richart ?
26/ TreeSeeker (defending champion)
27/ TeeGirl *
28/ 1xRTR Chris W-J*
29/ Mark Thomas CGC
30/ Michael Thomas CGC
31/ Damien Darby CGC
32/ Jason Smith CGC
33/ Dave Roddis CGC
34/ Andy Thomas CGC
35/ Coventry Professional
36/ Coventry Captain
37/ Bernard Middleton CGC
38/ Beezerk

Keep the £20* donations confirming your attendance coming please, don't forget that goes straight to the Just Givingsite in my signature, but please only state 'Donation', thank you.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Are people planning on staying over either the night before or after this as I don’t really fancy the drive there and back and the golf in one day

Fish

Banned
Visit site
There’s a Premier Inn at the rear of the Millar & Carter which is situated only a 1 minute drive from the club, some have stayed there before.

Hopefully restrictions for hotels will be lifted by then.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
1/ Fish *
2/ Crow*
3/ Dando
4/ Old Skier*
5/ 1xRTR Carl*
6/ 1xRTR Warren *
7/ 1xRTR Ron *
8/ 1xRTR Lee *
9/ 1xRTR Karl *
10/ 1xRTR Steve *
11/ 1xRTR Chris K*
12/ Adasko
13/ Adasko + 1
14/ full_throttle *
15/ full_throttle guest 1
16/ full_throttle guest 2
17/ Upsidedown
18/ Upsidedown +1
19/ Upsidedown +2
20/ Upsidedown +3
21/ Upsidedown +4

22/ Upsidedown +5 (TBC)
23/ GG26*
24/ IanM (TBC)
25/ Beezerk
26/ TreeSeeker (defending champion)
27/ TeeGirl *
28/ 1xRTR Chris W-J*
29/ Mark Thomas CGC
30/ Michael Thomas CGC
31/ Damien Darby CGC
32/ Jason Smith CGC
33/ Dave Roddis CGC
34/ Andy Thomas CGC
35/ Coventry Professional
36/ Coventry Captain
37/ Bernard Middleton CGC

Can those in bold please confirm their attendance, or not, with the date closing in quickly, I need to confirm to the club our potential numbers, more so because of guidelines we’ll need to adhere to, mainly within the clubhouse afterwards.

If you are attending, please keep the £20* donations coming confirming your attendance, and don't forget, that goes straight to the Just Givingsite in my signature, but please only state 'Donation'.

The remaining £20 is paid on the day.

Anyone interested in playing at Coventry, which is in superb condition, please add your name, everyone is welcome.

Last edited:

teegirl

Head Pro
Visit site
Looking forward to this, with so many comps been cancelled cant wait to go to a new course. Anyone thinking of a trip to Belton Woods, hotel has just opened, been refurbished!!
Course is looking beautiful just as long as your fairly straight. We have a new green keeper and he's favouring the wild life and leaving a lot of knee high rough :eek:

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've just made a £20 donation.

I should at last be starting my new job on 1st August and hopefully I'll be able to book the day off