Watching Full Swing?

D

Deleted member 15344

So episode 5 with Fitzpatrick

Very good , always liked him and he came across very well even if he loves his states

Some of the stuff said to him by the crowd - it’s pretty disgraceful but you expect that from the us crowd

Episode 6

Finau - brilliant guy , always comes across as very likeable but he put himself right out there , very touching at times and you can see how much his family means to him.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
7 episodes in one to go

Still enjoying it but I could easily do with less of the 'sad' backstories. Never liked that approach in any form, be it tv talent shows or in films/books etc

Swango1980

Visit site
Episode 6 follows Finau and Morikawa. Finau is the golfing equivalent of The Waltons. Proper family man, hard not to like the guy.

Episode 7 follows rookies Theegala and Pereira. Enjoyed it, shows the passion of their families and friends as they go for their first win, and the brutality of it when they don't get it done.

Episode 8 follows McIlroy. He comes across really well, as much as certain people wish to say otherwise these days because of certain alliances. "..... U PHIL, hope that makes it in" :)

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site

Very good , always liked him and he came across very well even if he loves his states

Some of the stuff said to him by the crowd - it’s pretty disgraceful but you expect that from the us crowd

Episode 6

Finau - brilliant guy , always comes across as very likeable but he put himself right out there , very touching at times and you can see how much his family means to him.
You hear about how the crowds treat foreigners over there but it was shocking to whiteness and really poor standard of banter too. I’d be quite frustrated hearing that rubbish around me if I was in the crowd.

I feel the American guys should maybe help protect others as they wouldn’t get the backlash but I also get that they’ll take anything that will nobble the opposition too.

I can’t understand why people would choose to come to a sport like this and want to see someone fail rather than want to just cheer on another player to see them succeed.

timd77

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I did wonder whether he would’ve heard those particular shouts, or if it was just edited to look that way? A lot of pro sportsmen talk about not really hearing what’s going on, they’re too focused. Hope that’s the case, but regardless, he shoved it right down their necks! Think that’s partly why it was an emotional episode for me, him winning against all that.

D

Deleted member 15344

So finished it all now

Episode 7 - it was ok , just didn’t really do much apart showing Perreria collapsing on the 18th in the PGA - that’s the worst swing I have seen from a pro

Episode 8

Was good , all about Rory and the Open and Fed Ex - thought the chat with others was good especially with Rahm , can see there is a lot mutual respect there

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Working through it very slowly. Got the wife involved so she said just one a night

Ep 2 last night. Very insightful. Felt for brooks. Can understand why he felt fit to leave the pga. Clearly depressed.

Ep 3 interesting watch for sure .. don't get the hate for poulter. Didn't seem overly arrogant tbh, was nice to see a more balanced view on Liv rather than constant bashing from the haters.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
By all accounts, there's some pretty creative sound editing throughout the series, so probably best not to rush to judgement

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Finished it tonight, thought it was a bit of a weak ending in all honesty. Rory came across very well for the most but then like a silly big kid at the end with the cheap Mickelson digs.

Episode 6 was by far the one me and the missus enjoyed the most, great stuff.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Finished it tonight, thought it was a bit of a weak ending in all honesty. Rory came across very well for the most but then like a silly big kid at the end with the cheap Mickelson digs.

Episode 6 was by far the one me and the missus enjoyed the most, great stuff.

I get the impression that with his position of "chairman of PGA Tour's player advisory council" that his nose was a bit put out of joint when players left after telling him they weren't

sunshine

Visit site
7 episodes in one to go

Still enjoying it but I could easily do with less of the 'sad' backstories. Never liked that approach in any form, be it tv talent shows or in films/books etc

Absolutely. But it's obvious that sob stories was a major angle for the producers and they really encouraged the players to talk about their dead mum / dad / pet, even if it was more than a decade ago.

I recognise that might sound like I'm lacking empathy, but I just don't think that golfers think about their mum on the back nine on Sunday afternoon. Obviously different if she's seriously ill or recently died.